Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Holiday Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you prefer no information or inconsistent information?
When it was just ribbons and random distance measurements, I’d have chosen no information. As it is, this is an upgrade over that, so if I were forced into a situation where I couldn’t have USS anyway (e.g. anyone who has bought a car from late 2022 onwards) then I’d choose to have this update, and only ues it to give a sense of surroundings rather than actually relying on it.

To be clear - I wouldn’t trade USS for this in any form.

Reactions: boombap and Drew57
Top-Down in parking bays is useful and reliable for aligning straight to the painted lines That is the one thing I've learned to trust as long as I still use mirrors for distance accuracy to surrounding cars etc.

IMG_8864.jpg
IMG_8858.jpg

Top-Down in parking bays is useful and reliable for aligning straight to the painted lines That is the one thing I've learned to trust as long as I still use mirrors for distance accuracy to surrounding cars etc.

View attachment 1002696View attachment 1002697

Looking at those pictures, I have to ask.. Why not just give us a normal 360 birds eye view like some others do instead of all this smudging 🤷‍♂️

I think we can agree that it’s better than the ribbons though. in terms of overall it’s a case of garbage-in, garbage-out - it’s never going to be as good as ultrasonics, but there are aspects of it that appear to be better (e.g. drawing kerbs, etc). I wouldn’t be averse to getting this High Fidelity Park Assist so long as it didn’t disable ultrasonics.

The fact it’s doing a reasonable job of 3D mapping the region is impressive, I think. Presumably it would be even better on HW4 cameras, etc.
I’m desperate to get it...unfortunately I have ultrasonic so I never got it for Christmas 😟...but it’s also possible that the old Atom chip doesn’t have the power to render the image....so I may never get it☹️🥺
And to be clear...what I really want is for the painted parking lines to show....brick walls and parked cars I can see from out the windows

Looking at those pictures, I have to ask.. Why not just give us a normal 360 birds eye view like some others do instead of all this smudging 🤷‍♂️
I’m undecided on this. We have a new Toyota with 360 birdseye and can’t make out much on what’s going on when it’s dark and raining. Great when it’s dry and bright, but this shows clearer by just giving the detail needed.

Minor glitch I encountered after updating to 2023.44.30.5.1: Drove last night and noticed the AHBs weren’t coming on. The AHB icon wasn’t showing up on the screen, either. Went into the light settings and the AHB toggle was showing on. Had to turn it off and back on again and then AHBs came on. Not had to do that, before.

Reactions: Mistake Not
I’m undecided on this. We have a new Toyota with 360 birdseye and can’t make out much on what’s going on when it’s dark and raining. Great when it’s dry and bright, but this shows clearer by just giving the detail needed.

Yes but this is pretending to be Lidar when it isn't... the cameras will suffer just the same as your eyes in certain weather conditions 🤷‍♂️

Yes but this is pretending to be Lidar when it isn't... the cameras will suffer just the same as your eyes in certain weather conditions 🤷‍♂️
Lidar is absolutely effected by rain, snow or fog. While some advanced Lidars can go someway towards mitigating this e.g. with algorithms that reject anomalous readings there's still a significant degradation. Maybe you meant radar ?

Reactions: Js1977