Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model 3 without USS and proximity functionality [park assist / summon not available]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was checking to see if those S3XY's will auto fold mirrors by location, and didn't realize car will do this on it's own like the S, sweet!

You can also set mirrors to fold automatically whenever you arrive at a specific location, which saves you from having to manually fold them each time you arrive at a frequented place. To set this up, stop at the location you want to save (or drive at less than 3 mph (5 km/h)), and fold the mirrors. Save Location appears briefly below the Fold Mirrors control. Touch again if you no longer want mirrors to automatically fold at the location, or disable this option in Controls.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I was checking to see if those S3XY's will auto fold mirrors by location, and didn't realize car will do this on it's own like the S, sweet!

You can also set mirrors to fold automatically whenever you arrive at a specific location, which saves you from having to manually fold them each time you arrive at a frequented place. To set this up, stop at the location you want to save (or drive at less than 3 mph (5 km/h)), and fold the mirrors. Save Location appears briefly below the Fold Mirrors control. Touch again if you no longer want mirrors to automatically fold at the location, or disable this option in Controls.
I am going to set this up at the Dragstrip next time. I know they will unfold after a certain speed but it would be cool to set it up to do it automatically.

Reactions: easyev
Nobody needs to use the horn urgently. Never.

You need to use your brakes urgently.

Think about it. If you are unable to make sense of the statement above, you need help,
How many years you been driving?

I have driven in the worst traffic in the world in India, and everyone with me in the car was going crazy that I was not honking like everyone does over there. They were 200% sure we will have an accident.

They were disappointed. Focus on the traffic, and your steering amd your brakes. Horns are useless and overrated, unless you are a TRUCK or TRAIN driver
Useless AND overrated? When is a useless thing not overrated? Your takes on this thread are useless and overrated. They also display a stunning lack of driving experience AND imagination.

If someone is backing into you, a quick horn may get them to stop.

If someone is starting to drift into your lane because they are not paying attention, a quick horn will get them to pay attention.

If someone is starting to turn into your lane and doesn’t see you because you are in their blind spot, a quick horn will let them know you are there and get them to stop.

Sudden braking and/or evasive maneuvers are NOT safe, nor are they always even possible (e.g., there are other drivers on all sides of you).

• Funny
Reactions: enemji
Useless AND overrated? When is a useless thing not overrated? Your takes on this thread are useless and overrated. They also display a stunning lack of driving experience AND imagination.

If someone is backing into you, a quick horn may get them to stop.

If someone is starting to drift into your lane because they are not paying attention, a quick horn will get them to pay attention.

If someone is starting to turn into your lane and doesn’t see you because you are in their blind spot, a quick horn will let them know you are there and get them to stop.

Sudden braking and/or evasive maneuvers are NOT safe, nor are they always even possible (e.g., there are other drivers on all sides of you).
I will believe your take if you can provide a scientific paper that definitively proves that honking your horn prevents accidents and the converse too.

I have only honked, and that too only to express my frustration, about 10 times in 30 years. No accidents. How many accidents have you been in?

I will believe your take if you can provide a scientific paper that definitively proves that honking your horn prevents accidents and the converse too.

I have only honked, and that too only to express my frustration, about 10 times in 30 years. No accidents. How many accidents have you been in?
“I (supposedly) have never experienced something, so I refuse to accept that anyone else has experienced what you have experienced unless you show me a ‘scientific paper’ proving those things happen in real life.” Interesting take for a 46+ year old.

How about this: I will believe you are not a troll if you submit a notarized, signed affidavit from a Harvard-trained physician stating you are indeed not a ham sandwich with fingers.

Your personal experiences are fantastic and all, but the rest of us also have our own experiences and have successfully avoided accidents in the above scenarios countless times. Your post was obnoxious. Multiple people have now pointed it out. Continue to be a ham sandwich if you like.

• Funny
Reactions: Kevy Baby
“I (supposedly) have never experienced something, so I refuse to accept that anyone else has experienced what you have experienced unless you show me a ‘scientific paper’ proving those things happen in real life.” Interesting take for a 46+ year old.

How about this: I will believe you are not a troll if you submit a notarized, signed affidavit from a Harvard-trained physician stating you are indeed not a ham sandwich with fingers.

Your personal experiences are fantastic and all, but the rest of us also have our own experiences and have successfully avoided accidents in the above scenarios countless times. Your post was obnoxious. Multiple people have now pointed it out. Continue to be a ham sandwich if you like.
🤣

Do yourself a huge favor and go for one drive, and then one day, and then one week without honking.

In 1935, New York Mayor Fiorello La Guardia kicked off a nighttime honking ban with a radio address in which he praised the English anti-horn effort: “The results have been so good that there is no demand from any quarter for their return. Automobile accidents, fatalities, and injuries have been reduced to an appreciable extent merely because the campaign against horns there has caused drivers to drive more carefully.” He said deaths were down 17 percent and injuries 7 percent since the ban had taken effect.

Duck
Ham sandwich it is.
🦆 quacking it is

Jeff Muttart, a traffic-accident reconstructionist, has pored over hundreds of surveillance videos of real-life car crashes and near-crashes. In 2005, he concludedthat emergency horn use is not associated with decreased accident involvement. He found that drivers never steered and honked at the same time, and usually they didn’t honk at all. About half of emergency honks were meant to chastise and came only after the danger was over. The other half were just preludes to a crash. “It really didn’t serve any purpose at all. It was just, Hey, by the way, I’m going to hit you.”

Duck

🦆 quacking it is
Quack. That study doesn't conclude what you think it does. Quack. (It analyzed how drivers chose to react; not whether those choices were effective.)

Let's put this to bed, shall we: your personal experiences cannot prove that something NEVER happens (i.e., b/c something has not happened to you in 30+ years of driving does not mean it hasn't happened to others), but my personal experiences absolutely can prove that something SOMETIMES happens (i.e., b/c it happened to me).

In other words, your personal experiences cannot prove your point; my personal experiences have already proven my point and the point made by others who told you the same thing. You can quibble about how often it happens , but there is no use quibbling about whether it EVER happens. It has and does. Therefore, even if you found a study that, unlike the study you actually cited, suggests that honking rarely helps avoid accidents, it would not alter this discussion. Honking sometimes avoid accidents. I know this with 100% certainty because it has happened to me. Period. Full stop.

Quack. That study doesn't conclude what you think it does. Quack. (It analyzed how drivers chose to react; not whether those choices were effective.)

Let's put this to bed, shall we: your personal experiences cannot prove that something NEVER happens (i.e., b/c something has not happened to you in 30+ years of driving does not mean it hasn't happened to others), but my personal experiences absolutely can prove that something SOMETIMES happens (i.e., b/c it happened to me).

In other words, your personal experiences cannot prove your point; my personal experiences have already proven my point and the point made by others who told you the same thing. You can quibble about how often it happens , but there is no use quibbling about whether it EVER happens. It has and does. Therefore, even if you found a study that, unlike the study you actually cited, suggests that honking rarely helps avoid accidents, it would not alter this discussion. Honking sometimes avoid accidents. I know this with 100% certainty because it has happened to me. Period. Full stop.
Why are you so scared of trying out my recommendation? You think you have everything figured out, and it is best to be in a position to pass judgements?

Do yourself a huge favor and go for one drive, and then one day, and then one week without honking.

Honking sometimes avoid accidents. I know this with 100% certainty because it has happened to me. Period. Full stop.
And how do you know that "with 100% certainty"? You went back in time to the exact same point in time and did it both ways? Or is it possible the other driver would have reacted even if you hadn't honked? (It obviously can't be your reaction that avoided the accident in response to your own honk, as you would have reacted even if you didn't honk, right?)

And how do you know that "with 100% certainty"? You went back in time to the exact same point in time and did it both ways? Or is it possible the other driver would have reacted even if you hadn't honked? (It obviously can't be your reaction that avoided the accident in response to your own honk, as you would have reacted even if you didn't honk, right?)
Exactly. She told me. “Thank goodness you honked or I would have hit you.” Pretty definitive. Unless you think that admission, which was contrary to her own self interest, is somehow unreliable.

I know this with 100% certainty because it has happened to me.
1708988486137.jpeg

• Funny
2023 Tesla Model 3 non USS updated to 2024.12.2, but for some reason auto park is still nowhere to be seen. Anyone else on the latest software update with a non USS model 3 able to use auto park assist?
I think that Autopark is in 2024.2.12. (Did you get the numbers reversed, as I'm not aware of a 2024.12.x yet.)

Have you paid for EAP or FSD? (Autopark is not a free feature included on every Tesla.)

I think that Autopark is in 2024.2.12. (Did you get the numbers reversed, as I'm not aware of a 2024.12.x yet.)

Have you paid for EAP or FSD? (Autopark is not a free feature included on every Tesla.)
Thanks for catching that. I did get the numbers reversed. Last night it installed 2024.2.13 but still see nothing like the pictures show to select a spot. I have EAP so it should work.

Surprisingly, I have not missed having USS at all after using our refreshed 3 for a little while. In fact, I actually prefer the Vision experience better. The rendering it performs during Park Assist is infinitely better than the 360-degree parking assists I've used in the past.