Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model X Plaid vs. Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting on the sidelines for a Model X as Tesla keeps on dropping prices, even as of today, 4/7. ($5K drop for both Model X Plaid and Long Range)
If I'm going to get a 6 seater anyways, the price difference between LR and Plaid is $3,500.

Is it worth getting the Plaid? I'm curious if tires don't last as long in Plaid vs. LR (I would be going with 20" wheels).
I thought about getting the Plaid to get the 3rd motor, slightly better brakes, and carbon fiber trims but could live without it.

Any recommendations?

To add to this how important is insane amount of speed of the Plaid.

The LR is still the fastest X to date from 50mph+ ! As I said in another thread it's as fast as a Lamborghini Urus, maybe even a bit faster!

They just software limited the 0-60 a bit which is the only slight downside. But hit the pedal above 30mph in Insane mode and it will launch hard.

Upvote 0
The captains chairs don’t fold halfway down, like to lay bikes in
Maybe ok for bikes but really not as useful as fold flat. Anyone with dogs wont find the 6 seater great. Bench seat is good for most dogs (if you're going to use a seatbelt). We also like to put our dog crates in there which needs true fold flat as the crates are tall and need to go all the way forward.

Reactions: Prairie
Upvote 0
I went back and forth about losing the folding seats.
Finally in the interest of getting my X in 18 months vs 24?....30? and for no additional charge I went with the 6.
There have been a few times I have missed the fold function but I actually like the smaller space with the 3rd row up to snug in groceries.

Upvote 0
...If I'm going to get a 6 seater anyways...Any recommendations?
You may want to check out this thread: Is Tesla trying to get minimize sales of X Long Range?

Seeing as how you're committed to the 6 seater, the real choices seem to be Plaid or Long Range - and if Plaid - 20" vs 22" wheels.

Have a Long Range X myself as the functionality of the foldable seats is a big deal for me (see my post in the linked thread above for the details) but would suggest you review the pros/cons of the 20/22" wheels as well.

In general, the 20" wheels will be cheaper (that is the tires will be cheaper to replace and presumably last longer) than the 22" and range will be better with the 20" over the 22". The 22" will offer better performance but a harsher ride.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Kan-O-Z
Upvote 0
I'm waiting on the sidelines for a Model X as Tesla keeps on dropping prices, even as of today, 4/7. ($5K drop for both Model X Plaid and Long Range)
If I'm going to get a 6 seater anyways, the price difference between LR and Plaid is $3,500.

Is it worth getting the Plaid? I'm curious if tires don't last as long in Plaid vs. LR (I would be going with 20" wheels).
I thought about getting the Plaid to get the 3rd motor, slightly better brakes, and carbon fiber trims but could live without it.

Any recommendations?
Tires last based on how you drive and maintenance of your tires such as proper inflation.

Reactions: spectrum
Upvote 0