Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model X Plaid vs. Long Range, that is the question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm waiting on the sidelines for a Model X as Tesla keeps on dropping prices, even as of today, 4/7. ($5K drop for both Model X Plaid and Long Range)
If I'm going to get a 6 seater anyways, the price difference between LR and Plaid is $3,500.

Is it worth getting the Plaid? I'm curious if tires don't last as long in Plaid vs. LR (I would be going with 20" wheels).
I thought about getting the Plaid to get the 3rd motor, slightly better brakes, and carbon fiber trims but could live without it.

Any recommendations?

Of course no one "needs" a Plaid. The LR has more then enough power. Having said that, bragging rights are worth something? I agree that the 6 seater is not as practical - for hauling. But for transportation of 4 people it is the nicest most elegant solution. So that has to come down to priority and anticipated greatest use. We moved up from a 2020 LR. My wife wanted the 6 seater. At that point the Plaid seemed like a no brainer to me. YMMV.
I hear the 6 seater with no armrests can get uncomfortable on long hauls? Yeah the 6 seater is definitely the kid seat configuration that most people like.

Upvote 0
We bought a gently used 2023 Model X Plaid with Ultra Red paint and a white interior. Something the ICE dealer didn't know that I discovered when I was looking through the loaded software was FSD. $97k before taxes and fees was a too good of a deal to pass up considering the car was factory fresh and only had 2,220 miles on it.

Attachments

• IMG_7173.jpeg
    IMG_7173.jpeg
    472.9 KB · Views: 34
Upvote 0
We bought a gently used 2023 Model X Plaid with Ultra Red paint and a white interior. Something the ICE dealer didn't know that I discovered when I was looking through the loaded software was FSD. $97k before taxes and fees was a too good of a deal to pass up considering the car was factory fresh and only had 2,220 miles on it.
Beautiful spec

Reactions: slyguy_28
Upvote 0

I thought you lose FSD if bought via ICE dealer?

Upvote 0
That’s nice. So, you basically got FSD for free in lieu of a few thousand miles driven since that’s about the price of a brand new plaid now with the red and white options.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21
Upvote 0