Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Were you notified via text or did it just appear in your app?
I got notified both email and via Tesla App. By the way, I also got a text, email, and a VM from Tesla today that the delivery is set for this week. I opted for delivery tomorrow. I do not know if they will delivery my MYLR at home or I have to go to Tesla dealership which is only 15 minutes away on Daly City, California.

Reactions: vinmyl5bw
Man in rreality plug in hybrid is best choice. than ev due to following results

Cost of insurance,

Tire life is half, expensive tires

Ev Car battery life 8 to 10yrs.

And winter u get half the miles.

If you do the math there is not cost difference.

It is just hype.
Maybe... BUT in NJ where I am - example Rav4 Prime: MSRP $48K, Dealer adjustment (aka Gouge amt) $5K = 53K; add 7% sales tax $3.5K, ignore delivery & reg fees as same as Tesla = $56.5K for the model I'd compare to Model Y....
WHEREAS: Model Y $53.5K, less 7.5K Credit (if get) = $46K, less $2K NJ incentive EV Battery = 44K and no sales tax for EV... so $44K vs $56.5 K.. that gives me 12 yrs paying an extra $1.000 for insurance or whatever... and also after 3 yrs if I buy at $44K I may be able to sell for almost same price (Republicans will be back to supporting coal and no EV credit - LOL)

Maybe... BUT in NJ where I am - example Rav4 Prime: MSRP $48K, Dealer adjustment (aka Gouge amt) $5K = 53K; add 7% sales tax $3.5K, ignore delivery & reg fees as same as Tesla = $56.5K for the model I'd compare to Model Y....
WHEREAS: Model Y $53.5K, less 7.5K Credit (if get) = $46K, less $2K NJ incentive EV Battery = 44K and no sales tax for EV... so $44K vs $56.5 K.. that gives me 12 yrs paying an extra $1.000 for insurance or whatever... and also after 3 yrs if I buy at $44K I may be able to sell for almost same price (Republicans will be back to supporting coal and no EV credit - LOL)
Also - with Rav4 Prime I'd need to charge every night to get the free battery on 40 miles... with Tesla I won't - I avg 30-40m miles a day consistently so 110V / 20A gets me plenty a few nights a week
No comparison for me mostly due to gouging and incentives, more than the direct comparison

I had no idea NJ didn't charge sales tax on EVs. That is an outstanding benefit. How does that work if someone is not a resident of NJ? Could you schedule pickup of your Tesla in NJ, not pay the sales tax, and then drive it to your home state?

I had no idea NJ didn't charge sales tax on EVs. That is an outstanding benefit. How does that work if someone is not a resident of NJ? Could you schedule pickup of your Tesla in NJ, not pay the sales tax, and then drive it to your home state?
I'm aware of someone in a neighboring state who insures on his mom's insurance that bought a tesla and had the car delivered to NJ.
No indication that it must stay registered in NJ, whereas that is a condition to get a $2,000 state discount for new EV

Also - with Rav4 Prime I'd need to charge every night to get the free battery on 40 miles... with Tesla I won't - I avg 30-40m miles a day consistently so 110V / 20A gets me plenty a few nights a week
No comparison for me mostly due to gouging and incentives, more than the direct comparison

This market adjustment BS led me to order a Tesla. I chased dealers all of 2022, but to no avail. They all wanted 6k-20K extra over MSRP. Recently, MB dealer reached out to me to see if I am still in the market. I politely replied that I ordered a Tesla and the incentive that i would be getting is as big as dealer markup that you were asking. These ICE car dealers are going to bleed to death soon. No one is buying their overpriced EVs if they have one.

Sorry, I'm in NJ and this part below is news to me.

"less $2K NJ incentive EV Battery". Is that something new that came in after 2018 when i got my last Tesla?

Any update from someone who ordered from 21/01 - 25/01 regarding the VIN number or delivery date
MYLR
White with Black Interior
Standard wheels
ODD: 1/18
Original EDD: Feb - March
Updated on 1/20- March 29-31
Updated today 1/30 - EDD: Feb 26 - March 31
No VIN
OD 1/22 MYLR only option is color Red
EDD 3/10-3/31
I did list a trade in and received a quote within 3 days.
Don’t know if having a trade in would delay delivery? Was thinking about removing the trade in but afraid that would reset the EDD to a later date.

I ordered MYLR blue on white 19" wheels on Saturday, 1/14 when est delivery said Jan - March. My app now shows est delivery Feb 10 - March 17. After I ordered I searched for my configuration in inventory and nothing appeared within 200 miles, so my car is likely in production in Austin.
My app just updated EDD to Feb 13 - Mar 13, no VIN yet. This may indicate that the car is about to go into production and I should receive a VIN any day

MYLR
White with Black Interior
Standard wheels
ODD: 1/14
Original EDD: Feb06 - March06
No VIN

Does the clock start once you put deposit or once you do your online registration, ie license, trade input, cash/finance?