Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to go into my finance terms and see they didn't formally give me a trade in offer, BUT I saw a credit in the Loan Offer. I'm assuming the credit amount is the trade in for the car...
It is bizarre. I wish they let you know before applying for a loan. My trade-in offer also seems to be pending for 5 days. It is likely that I'll see my trade-in offer when I apply for financing.

I drove through Washington Square in Tigard Oregon today. The parking lot outside the former Sears store is now a Tesla staging lot. There had to be well over 500 cars there, and two trucks unloading more. A sea of white with a few specs of blue and gray, and a rare occasion of red or black.

Reactions: vinmyl5bw
I drove through Washington Square in Tigard Oregon today. The parking lot outside the former Sears store is now a Tesla staging lot. There had to be well over 500 cars there, and two trucks unloading more. A sea of white with a few specs of blue and gray, and a rare occasion of red or black.
I saw this yesterday as well. I still don't have a delivery date for my Model Y and I'm wondering if it's sitting in that parking lot somewhere waiting to be registered.

Reactions: Niroc and Ray_R
Placed order on 01/23 for MYLR
White Exterior
Black Interior
19" Gemini

EDD March 12-March 31

Been going back and forth on upgrading to the 20" Induction wheels, but SA told me that if I did that I'd have to use the new base price which would increase over the 55K limit.. For some reason, I thought Tesla would honor the original price? Has anyone had experience with customizing orders where Tesla would keep the original agreed price?

Sorry, I'm in NJ and this part below is news to me.

"less $2K NJ incentive EV Battery". Is that something new that came in after 2018 when i got my last Tesla?
  • The vehicle must be ordered, purchased or leased after 07/25/22, the launch of the point-of-sale program;

When I ordered, Tesla automatically deducted the $2,000 (MSRP EV < $55K); it's $4,000 off if MSRP < $45K - that's great deal on the M3 RWD

• The vehicle must be ordered, purchased or leased after 07/25/22, the launch of the point-of-sale program;

When I ordered, Tesla automatically deducted the $2,000 (MSRP EV < $55K); it's $4,000 off if MSRP < $45K - that's great deal on the M3 RWD
oh interesting! It looks like they haven't taken it off my Y order yet based on the order agreement, but I'll reach out to my SA to see when that should come off.

I was able to go into my finance terms and see they didn't formally give me a trade in offer, BUT I saw a credit in the Loan Offer. I'm assuming the credit amount is the trade in for the car...
I am in same situation, no official offer (been a week since uploading photos in app), but found a credit in finance terms. I wonder how accurate it is? The “unofficial credit” is 5-8k less than their initial trade in estimate i received before I placed my order.

Last edited:
It is so interesting to see the different experiences of those who placed orders within days of each other. My order was placed on 1/17 and immediately generated an EDD of March 4-March 31 that has not been updated a single time since then with no VIN yet assigned.

It is so interesting to see the different experiences of those who placed orders within days of each other. My order was placed on 1/17 and immediately generated an EDD of March 4-March 31 that has not been updated a single time since then with no VIN yet assigned.
Are you in California or neighboring state? Tesla will use the last couple weeks of March to do their EOQ rush and those mostly go to people in California due to proximity so they can deliver quickly as the cars roll out of the factory. This could be why they have you pegged at the end of March and won't make any changes till that gets closer.

Reactions: fredzos
Are you in California or neighboring state? Tesla will use the last couple weeks of March to do their EOQ rush and those mostly go to people in California due to proximity so they can deliver quickly as the cars roll out of the factory. This could be why they have you pegged at the end of March and won't make any changes till that gets closer.
No, I am in Kentucky. Like most folks, I am hoping for a delivery as soon as possible for tax credit purposes.

Reactions: arbitrage000
MYLR
White with Black Interior
Standard wheels
ODD: 1/14
Original EDD: Feb06 - March06
No VIN

Does the clock start once you put deposit or once you do your online registration, ie license, trade input, cash/finance?
Got vin 1/31 for delivery jan31-feb07. Does vehicle get delivered to location where u ordered from?