Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered (custom) red MYLR on 1/13. VIN was assigned 1/22 (Fremont Factory) and delivery is next week, 2/8.

At the time, price cap was 55K for tax rebate, so I had 19' geminis. I didn't change anything.

Here is our Long Range Model Y delivery timeline. Midnight Silver Metallic with Black interior. The initial order was placed at the end of May, 2022 with the estimated delivery range of February-May, 2023. When the wait times started to shrink, we put the order on hold until February, since we didn't plan on getting a new car until February 2023.
  • 01/13/2023 - Received revised pricing for the order on hold
  • 01/25/2023 - Removed the hold
  • 01/25/2023 - Within hours received an Austin VIN with EDD of February 1 - February 10
  • 02/07/2023 - Our scheduled delivery date
My understanding is that the car has already arrived this weekend. But they can't deliver it until Tuesday: they are too busy with other deliveries! No problem, we'll pick it up in a couple of days!

This will be our third Tesla, replacing the 2018 Mid-Range Model 3.

Last edited:
I’m considering the same. I’m scheduled to pickup my MYLR on 2/8 But I would like the MYP. It’s seems like a risk to change my order with March approaching. Any thoughts? Do you have a VIN?
I don't have a VIN yet. MYP's are definitely coming faster, but I'm sure they've got a large queue now. The tesla website still says new MYP orders are estimated to arrive feb-march.

question: Where on the site/app are you able to change the original order? And can I change the configuration and see the price/delivery date before final confirmation of the change?
You have to manage your order.

When on Tesla‘s site, depending on what is displayed, you can click/tap on account or menu, then account. Log in as needed. You should now see the dashboard. Click on manage near you car that you ordered.

If using the app, from the main screen, you should see manage at the top left, tap on that. And it’ll take you to the website. Again, log in as needed.

Once you’re in the manage screen, scroll down and on the right you should see something about the need to cancel the order. The option to edit can appear just after that, but can also go away.

If it’s not there, then you have to contact Tesla via text, email or phone.

I texted Tesla mentioning that I wanted to change and they re-activated it for me.

You can see the price change for option changes. The price should not change if you don’t make any changes, even if they raise the prices.

EDDs do not change immediately, but will get updated sometime later (few days). Like mine, I made my change in between the IRS’s change and Tesla’s price change later that same day (Feb 3rd), but my EDD only updated today (Feb 5th).

MYLR White, 19inch (no other options)
ODD: 2/17
EDD: 2/9-3/9
EDD2:2/20-3/27
Today's update better EDD3 2/16-3/16 (no VIN)
ODD 2/17…?

So uh… I know OD can stand for order date, but what would the second D be? Plus, did you time travel? lol

You have to manage your order.

When on Tesla‘s site, depending on what is displayed, you can click/tap on account or menu, then account. Log in as needed. You should now see the dashboard. Click on manage near you car that you ordered.

If using the app, from the main screen, you should see manage at the top left, tap on that. And it’ll take you to the website. Again, log in as needed.

Once you’re in the manage screen, scroll down and on the right you should see something about the need to cancel the order. The option to edit can appear just after that, but can also go away.

If it’s not there, then you have to contact Tesla via text, email or phone.

I texted Tesla mentioning that I wanted to change and they re-activated it for me.

You can see the price change for option changes. The price should not change if you don’t make any changes, even if they raise the prices.

EDDs do not change immediately, but will get updated sometime later (few days). Like mine, I made my change in between the IRS’s change and Tesla’s price change later that same day (Feb 3rd), but my EDD only updated today (Feb 5th).

ODD 2/17…?

So uh… I know OD can stand for order date, but what would the second D be? Plus, did you time travel? lol
Order Decision Date I guess. Hadn’t had coffe yet. 🤣