Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent price drop and tax credit eligibility I am seriously considering ordering a model y, color blue, 19” wheels. Does anyone know the approximate current wait time for delivery if an order is placed now? I would also welcome any information on the Tesla delivery process as it is a bit unclear to me. I am in Kentucky where I do not believe Tesla has a store location.
When I begin putting in an order in the online configurator it states delivery January - March 2023... Try it yourself. Start entering your selections. When you get down the page it will say order my Model Y and just below that it will give you the anticipated delivery date...

Reactions: CSFTN
I ordered MYLR blue on white 19" wheels on Saturday, 1/14 when est delivery said Jan - March. My app now shows est delivery Feb 10 - March 17. After I ordered I searched for my configuration in inventory and nothing appeared within 200 miles, so my car is likely in production in Austin.

I ordered MYLR blue on white 19" wheels on Saturday, 1/14 when est delivery said Jan - March. My app now shows est delivery Feb 10 - March 17. After I ordered I searched for my configuration in inventory and nothing appeared within 200 miles, so my car is likely in production in Austin.
With a white interior it will be produced at Fremont. To date no white interiors have come out of Austin. Of course that could change at anytime.
At least you will have a good chance of getting Matrix lights on the car as so far no matrix lights have shipped on Austin cars.

• Informative
Reactions: Dayreg
With a white interior it will be produced at Fremont. To date no white interiors have come out of Austin. Of course that could change at anytime.
At least you will have a good chance of getting Matrix lights on the car as so far no matrix lights have shipped on Austin cars.
I didn't realize that Austin does not build cars with white interiors. I thought all east coast deliveries are built in Austin. Thanks for pointing that out.