Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y Custom Order Wait Time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order placed 1/17/23
MY blue exterior/black interior; no other options
No vin yet; estimated deliver March 4 - March 31.

Jealous of all you January orders with January deliveries! I wonder what the difference is. Exterior color?

Another quick update:

Ordered placed: Jan. 13
Date range of delivery (original): Jan 19 to Feb 2
Date changes: Jan date keep updating to current date as days passed, Feb date changed from 2nd and remained on 3rd.
VIN received: Jan. 22

Delivery window has shortened and now updated to: Jan 25 to Jan 31. Pending delivery scheduling to be allowed in app.

Apparently BLK/BLK MYLR is a rare order?
Mine is.

Anyways, from the other thread, hope it doesn't muddy the waters in here:

"
Black/Black MYLR w/ 19"
OD: 1/13
EDD: 1/15-1/22
VIN assignment: 1/13
First Delivery Date: 1/15; Rejected because the MYLR was in terrible shape in exterior, had obviously been rejected by multiple people, had scratches, scrapes all over, Austin Build, PA044xxx VIN.
VIN: Cancelled 1/15 (Rejected delivery in person).
VIN: Same VIN reissued 1/15 and gave me 48 hrs to schedule delivery. Did not reschedule delivery for same PA044xxx VIN obviously.
EDD: 1/17-1/24 as of 6pm 1/17, awaiting (hopefully) new VIN.
EDD: 1/28-2/11 as of Wednesday 1/18 4PM, awaiting hopefully new VIN.
VIN: Assigned, New VIN, PF660xxx, Fremont VIN (Assigned 1/22)
EDD: 2/4-2/11 (Updated 1/22)"

Hello!
Placed order on Jan 18, MYLR, Blue/Black, 19” wheels; EDD: Feb 18 - Mar 24

My question is - if I apply for loan and complete the financial info, will it have any affect on moving the delivery dates to early or is it good to apply for loan once VIN is assigned?

Hello!
Placed order on Jan 18, MYLR, Blue/Black, 19” wheels; EDD: Feb 18 - Mar 24

My question is - if I apply for loan and complete the financial info, will it have any affect on moving the delivery dates to early or is it good to apply for loan once VIN is assigned?
I would suggest waiting to apply until you receive but you can see what other suggest as well.

The pre-approval is valid for 60 days u believe.

They were dropping the price to almost 20%, they should expect this load and should prepare a head of time.
3 months ago the norm for Tesla was ~8 month waits and seeing a car in inventory was very rare. I'm sure they are pumping out every last car they can. Tesla is probably happy to have cleared out a lot of inventory and to have a 1-3 month wait again. Before the price cut it was looking like they would have a lot of excess production capacity and probably would have had to slow down. I'm not sure what else they could have done to prepare a head of time??

3 months ago the norm for Tesla was ~8 month waits and seeing a car in inventory was very rare. I'm sure they are pumping out every last car they can. Tesla is probably happy to have cleared out a lot of inventory and to have a 1-3 month wait again. Before the price cut it was looking like they would have a lot of excess production capacity and probably would have had to slow down. I'm not sure what else they could have done to prepare a head of time??
Yep wait times were virtually eliminated by November/December, even early January. Prices needed to fall to induce demand.

Another quick update:

Ordered placed: Jan. 13
Date range of delivery (original): Jan 19 to Feb 2
Date changes: Jan date keep updating to current date as days passed, Feb date changed from 2nd and remained on 3rd.
VIN received: Jan. 22

Delivery window has shortened and now updated to: Jan 25 to Jan 31. Pending delivery scheduling to be allowed in app.
Another quick update since my post just yesterday. Got the notice this morning that I can schedule my pickup as early as this Friday, Jan. 27th.

So if all goes well, and there are no issues that will cause me to reject the car, that means the window from placing an order to picking up my Model Y is exactly 2 weeks: order placed on Jan. 13, delivery pickup scheduled for Jan 27.

Quite the improvement by Tesla over the years :).

Another quick update since my post just yesterday. Got the notice this morning that I can schedule my pickup as early as this Friday, Jan. 27th.

So if all goes well, and there are no issues that will cause me to reject the car, that means the window from placing an order to picking up my Model Y is exactly 2 weeks: order placed on Jan. 13, delivery pickup scheduled for Jan 27.

Quite the improvement by Tesla over the years :).
Congratulations!!!