Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y no USS discussion, incl. Discussion of Tesla Vision Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
why is my simple question above 'awaiting moderator approval' ?

Probably because your account is new, with a small number of posts, and the subforum software the site owners has setup sends random numbers of posts like that to moderators (most of whom are volunteers like myself) for approval to try to combat spam.

I believe I approved your post when I logged in and saw it though, and that restriction drops off after some number of posts (no I dont know how many).

Reactions: pvanosta
No, I’m not a sucker 🤣
Would love NOA, but at half of the silly FSD price, i am not going to get it.

Give me a Navigate on Autopilot and automatic lanechange for half of the current NOA price, and ill consider it.

Especially since the features are not transferable, so if i buy a new Tesla in 5 years, i will have to pay for that feature again, and i am NOT going to get nearly what it cost, extra when i sell the car.

Woot Woot!

0CA85D0A-A77A-480D-A8AD-D300B886157F.jpeg

Reactions: Eden77
Just checked my wife’s Tesla using the app. The update is ready to download on her Model Y. However, she’s at work and the vehicle isn’t connected to WiFi. Will install once she gets home.

As another data point, we got 2023.6.8 on Tuesday (I think), so didn’t take long to get the bump to 2023.6.9
Do you have enhanced autopilot package or FSD? Mine is 2023.2.12.

I installed the update and the message upon boot up references Tesla Vision but when I put it in gear to test out I just get an error saying it's not available. Not sure if the functionality is still installing or of it's calibrating or what. The only certainty is that I won't have any updates until tomorrow at the earliest.

I just installed 2023.6.9. It arrived 2 days after 2023.6.8. My test was going ok while I was pulling into my garage until I got the Left Pillar Camera obstructed message. I wonder if it is having trouble with the plain white wall of the garage? I'll test it again in the morning.

Reactions: manub
I am still on 2023.2.12.
Bought the car on Feb 10th. Build date Feb 2nd.
Way behind in updates...it appears.
Any way to force the update.
I suspect we are in the majority. I am also still on the 2023.2.12 release. Anything after this appears to have very limited numbers of installs to date. You just need to be patient I have found. Tesla will get around to updating you when they feel like it.

I suspect we are in the majority. I am also still on the 2023.2.12 release. Anything after this appears to have very limited numbers of installs to date. You just need to be patient I have found. Tesla will get around to updating you when they feel like it.
Tesla probably experience the same challenges as for example phone providers.

Updating a massive amount of units needs a lot of server capacity and bandwidth.

I regularily receive firmware updates for my mobile phone that are between 200-3500 Mbytes, imagine having to push that to 100.000 units. A firmware update can drag on for a month, before all phones has received the update.

Recently Tesla sold a LOT of new cars, so if all of those cars are behind on software, then it will take some time to catch up. They control it by limiting how many cars can download at the same time, to not overwhelm the bandwidth.

I dont know how many MB (GB ?) a tesla update is, but i would imagine that it is rather large.

Tesla probably experience the same challenges as for example phone providers.

Updating a massive amount of units needs a lot of server capacity and bandwidth.

I regularily receive firmware updates for my mobile phone that are between 200-3500 Mbytes, imagine having to push that to 100.000 units. A firmware update can drag on for a month, before all phones has received the update.

Recently Tesla sold a LOT of new cars, so if all of those cars are behind on software, then it will take some time to catch up. They control it by limiting how many cars can download at the same time, to not overwhelm the bandwidth.

I dont know how many MB (GB ?) a tesla update is, but i would imagine that it is rather large.
They should start their own torrent network