Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model Y RWD vin assignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my North American MY RWD Oct. 16th and up until today it showed as Oct/Nov. Today it updated and now shows Nov. 16th to Dec. 21st.
Same! I ordered October 23rd a MY RWD in blue with white interior and a few days ago, I saw it change from Oct-Nov7th to now Nov 20 - Dec 25. When I spoke to a Tesla Rep a week ago, they advised me delivery can take up to 5 weeks. Hoping to get it sooner, especially since my current lease ends Dec 10.

Ordered Oct 15th, have a VIN assigned now and Delivery Range is Nov 18- Nov 25th. Based on VIN, its made in Fremont, and looks to be 2170 presumably. Thought it would be LFP, but not going to cancel based on the battery. I think 200 miles range will be more than adequate for our commuter driving, with 1-2 longer road trips a year only.

I still think this is a good deal, 7500 from fed tax credit, and the RWD will qualify for 4k incentive at POS in NJ, vs 1500 for the long range. So effectively there's a 7,500 difference between the RWD and LR for me in NJ.

Ordered Oct 15th, have a VIN assigned now and Delivery Range is Nov 18- Nov 25th. Based on VIN, its made in Fremont, and looks to be 2170 presumably. Thought it would be LFP, but not going to cancel based on the battery. I think 200 miles range will be more than adequate for our commuter driving, with 1-2 longer road trips a year only.

I still think this is a good deal, 7500 from fed tax credit, and the RWD will qualify for 4k incentive at POS in NJ, vs 1500 for the long range. So effectively there's a 7,500 difference between the RWD and LR for me in NJ.
Same here, however my concern is that the NJ 4K incentive will run out before I can close the sale, was advised that the funds are reserved at the time of delivery. Presently, there is only 10% of the NJ funding left and is expected to run out sometime this month.

Congrats! I ordered mine on October 3rd, still no VIN and EDD is Nov 8-Dec 7 :( Located in Seattle

Hopefully will get it soon :/

sc8488 - were you able to get any assuranaces or confirmation as to wheter the 4K NJ incentive was reserved for you. I ordered mine in Springfield NJ, I can see the 4K NJ Charge Up program on the price details on the mobile app and the charge up application on the website. But I've heard that if the funds runs out before delivery then you will loose the incentive, while some said that Tesla reserves the funds at some point before delivery.

Disappointing but not surprising. To anyone who can afford it, the MYLR is a much better deal.
Based on what? We have the original SR MY RWD from 2021 and a LR from 2022. Unless you need to have 220+ miles without charging, the SR is more efficient. 240 miles from 55kwh vs 330 from 80kwh. 4.3 vs 4.1 mi/kWh. Reduced charging costs. If you need AWD, then yes, LR is the way to go. But just because the $/mi base price looks like LR is favored, doesn’t make it a better deal.

Reactions: DanDi58
Based on what? We have the original SR MY RWD from 2021 and a LR from 2022. Unless you need to have 220+ miles without charging, the SR is more efficient. 240 miles from 55kwh vs 330 from 80kwh. 4.3 vs 4.1 mi/kWh. Reduced charging costs. If you need AWD, then yes, LR is the way to go. But just because the $/mi base price looks like LR is favored, doesn’t make it a better deal.
Agreed. I was not accounting for higher efficiency due to lighter battery. The LR is still better for me because of AWD in snow and routinely driving long distances including in adverse weather when mileage is significantly lower. Being able to charge to 100% daily would have worked for the range I need and I could compromise on AWD.

sc8488 - were you able to get any assuranaces or confirmation as to wheter the 4K NJ incentive was reserved for you. I ordered mine in Springfield NJ, I can see the 4K NJ Charge Up program on the price details on the mobile app and the charge up application on the website. But I've heard that if the funds runs out before delivery then you will loose the incentive, while some said that Tesla reserves the funds at some point before delivery.

Hey Jason,

Tesla does not guarantee anything, and the rebate cannot be secured until the car is delivered is my understanding. If I don't qualify for the rebate at time of delivery, i can still chose to reject the vehicle and just be out my $250 deposit. Might be a "dick move", but i really don't care, i just run the numbers and go from there. Without the 4k incentive, i will simply not accept delivery and let the car go. That said, right now, its 91% secured, and its been going up at a fairly slow rate, a few days for a 1% point. I'd guestimate that it would not run out until early to mid December at this point.

Hey Jason,

Tesla does not guarantee anything, and the rebate cannot be secured until the car is delivered is my understanding. If I don't qualify for the rebate at time of delivery, i can still chose to reject the vehicle and just be out my $250 deposit. Might be a "dick move", but i really don't care, i just run the numbers and go from there. Without the 4k incentive, i will simply not accept delivery and let the car go. That said, right now, its 91% secured, and its been going up at a fairly slow rate, a few days for a 1% point. I'd guestimate that it would not run out until early to mid December at this point.
I am leaning towards doing the same thing and roll the dice that it will be more of this next year. Thanks!

Here in Canada the model Y rwd has been on the market to order since April 2023. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and waited only 2 weeks bc there was one in Transit. The Canadian market gets it from Shangai 100% and LFP 100% that's not debatable. I got mine for 57k CAD after all the taxes and incentives. Good drive and plenty fast, I even use it in chill mode.

All MYs have HW4 according to service advisors FWIW. For 5K difference you would get a better miles/kwh, but no AWD, lower range and slower charging. Also, it looks like RWD are taking longer from order to delivery.
The slower charging is an absolute relative to capacity. Relative to time, it’s the same. 55kwh/80kwh*250kw=170kw. With similarly shaped curves, 0-100% should take the same amount of time. Same for L2 with 32A vs 48A max charging.

So I reserved a RWD from Inventory that was 'coming soon' - This included a VIN but the car has yet to be built. It will be built in Fremont.
I did test drive one so I know they exist... but has anyone heard if deliveries have started to roll out? Seems very quiet...