Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning,

This is the schedule that appears in Grimaldi for the Thruxton... how do you see it?
I don't think we can discount her completely - she might be being used to transport Teslas to Thailand.
Otherwise, I don't think Izmir is Tesla related because M3 are out of production at the moment and MY isn't being sold in Turkey yet.
The other Euro stops, GT & Antwerp are not Tesla Points of Entry.
Additionally I note she spent 2 days in Yantai, so was her stop at Shanghai South just an unloading stop?

So, in summary, in my opinion she is a suspect for moving Teslas to Thailand but that's about it.

Hi! Aware this is the UK Ireland forum however the Norwegian forum is dead it seems.

Ordered a TMY White RWD 14th of August with expected delivery 28th of August - 12th September.
Now its 30th August - 14th of september... I've asked the webchat about when I can expected delivery and they said its "In Transit" and had no more information to give me.
I sent an email to the sales rep. that I was first in contact with regarding testdrive and ordering, however no reply yet...
Any knowledge about boats to Norway (Bergen more specifically)
I think MY RWD is now being made in Berlin and so if if you have a VIN and the first 3 digits are XP7 then this Berlin built and I don't have a clue, although I do know about 150 Berlin MY have just arrived in Drammen.
If your VIN starts with LRW then your car is coming from China and we know that China-built cars to Bergen, Stavanger and Trondheim are normally shipped direct from Zeebrugge.
I'll keep you in mind if I spot anything but in the meantime just keep pestering Tesla. The webchat facility (if available in NO) can be quite productive.

• Helpful
Reactions: Christine69420
I don't know if this will clear anything up about shipments to Southampton, but I've ordered Model Y LR and was told it will arrive at Southampton on 3rd September with my collection date being 21st September in Glasgow. I've got a VIN number but when I search for it in the Hoegh website it just displays the circle as if it's searching but never gives any result.

I don't know if this will clear anything up about shipments to Southampton, but I've ordered Model Y LR and was told it will arrive at Southampton on 3rd September with my collection date being 21st September in Glasgow. I've got a VIN number but when I search for it in the Hoegh website it just displays the circle as if it's searching but never gives any result.
Your car would not be on a Hoegh vessel - they don't transport Teslas to the UK, so no surprise there.
I've just checked all the ships due to arrive into Southampton between 01 Sep and 5 Sep and there is nothing there that has caught my eye. Which again is no surprise because I monitor all departures from Shanghai and I have no likely suspects in the timeframe.
This is unusual, any other quarter I would expect to see a ship with about 4500 cars pitch up around 15 -20 Sep, however nothing left Shanghai as far as I can tell, at least routing direct to Southampton. I mentioned before there is a remote possibility that NEPTUNE HORIZON may have some cars left onboard for Southampton after she unloads in Koper, but that is a bit of a stretch if only because we don't even know whether she has any Teslas onboard in the first place! There was talk of some cars heading for Glasgow that were unloaded in Dublin. Again, this is very unusual and I would dread to see the paperwork involved for that to happen and in any case I think it unlikely.
If you have your VIN you can DM it to me and I may be able to delve a little deeper. In the meantime you can stick it in HERE to get an approximation of the build date. If the build date looks like it was earlier than 14 Jul, you can assume it has already arrived in Southampton. If later, I would be very interested.

Your car would not be on a Hoegh vessel - they don't transport Teslas to the UK, so no surprise there.
I've just checked all the ships due to arrive into Southampton between 01 Sep and 5 Sep and there is nothing there that has caught my eye. Which again is no surprise because I monitor all departures from Shanghai and I have no likely suspects in the timeframe.
This is unusual, any other quarter I would expect to see a ship with about 4500 cars pitch up around 15 -20 Sep, however nothing left Shanghai as far as I can tell, at least routing direct to Southampton. I mentioned before there is a remote possibility that NEPTUNE HORIZON may have some cars left onboard for Southampton after she unloads in Koper, but that is a bit of a stretch if only because we don't even know whether she has any Teslas onboard in the first place! There was talk of some cars heading for Glasgow that were unloaded in Dublin. Again, this is very unusual and I would dread to see the paperwork involved for that to happen and in any case I think it unlikely.
If you have your VIN you can DM it to me and I may be able to delve a little deeper. In the meantime you can stick it in HERE to get an approximation of the build date. If the build date looks like it was earlier than 14 Jul, you can assume it has already arrived in Southampton. If later, I would be very interested.
If the last vessel to offload at Southampton had a full compliment then what kind of timeframe would we expect to distribute those vehicles to new owners and also to sites for inventory?

Are we looking at 4-6 weeks to sort logistics or a tad quicker?

If the last vessel to offload at Southampton had a full compliment then what kind of timeframe would we expect to distribute those vehicles to new owners and also to sites for inventory?

Are we looking at 4-6 weeks to sort logistics or a tad quicker?
We have seen 4000 cars delivered within 2 weeks in the past. The legendary Tesla end-of-quarter push. It was not a clever thing to do quite frankly and the result was a reputation for poor PDI with every customer turning up with headtorches and a checklist of things to check. Happily those days are history and the cars are generally well presented nowadays (albeit without the dramatic dustsheet removal ceremony of similarly priced cars from a dealer). It was an expensive way of doing business too which would have significantly put up the costs of sale. "Flattening the sombrero" was a term used, prior to its adoption by Covid-era politicians, to try and smooth out the huge end of quarter delivery spike. It was achieved in the USA by switching Fremont production to be domestic market only and Shanghai taking on the export side. The European spike was meant to have been quickly addressed by Berlin coming online however that happened much slower than Tesla admits it planned on. As far as the UK is concerned, it looks like this will be the first quarter with no sombrero.

Is it possible to check which ships are loading?

Do only Teslas load in this port or do other cars too?
Do ships arriving in Europe load here?
I'm particularly interested in the new model 3.

I'm waiting for the VIN

Hi there, just a question for you, experts of Tesla ship logistic ! :p Would it be possible that a MY unloaded in Barcelona by Morning Carina is now again on a ship to Zeebrugge ? I've found that Highway Thames could be the one for me since it left Barcelona two days ago to reach Zeebrugge, can anyone confirm it would be a possibility or do you think it's not likely ? Is it something that already happened or not ?

Thanks !

Hi there, just a question for you, experts of Tesla ship logistic ! :p Would it be possible that a MY unloaded in Barcelona by Morning Carina is now again on a ship to Zeebrugge ? I've found that Highway Thames could be the one for me since it left Barcelona two days ago to reach Zeebrugge, can anyone confirm it would be a possibility or do you think it's not likely ? Is it something that already happened or not ?

Thanks !
Quite possible and THAMES HIGHWAY and sister KESS vessels are used by Tesla.

Is it possible to check which ships are loading?

Do only Teslas load in this port or do other cars too?
Do ships arriving in Europe load here?
I'm particularly interested in the new model 3.

I'm waiting for the VIN
Welcome! Just follow the thread.
Any Tesla ships will be identified on here and tracked on the map.
Post on here if get your VIN as hopefully that can help narrow down which ship your car is likely to be on.
Do you have an EDD?
It looks as though a shipment of the refreshed M3 is planned to arrive in EU during October.

Welcome! Just follow the thread.
Any Tesla ships will be identified on here and tracked on the map.
Post on here if get your VIN as hopefully that can help narrow down which ship your car is likely to be on.
Do you have an EDD?
It looks as though a shipment of the refreshed M3 is planned to arrive in EU during October.
Sorry i don t know what is edd.
If It is to arrive on October 15, they should leave in the next few weeks.

I think it worth pointing out that, as expected, the UK will not receive the refreshed M3 anytime soon. Whilst Tesla's EU sites are now taking orders for the new M3, the UK is stuck with an 'express your interest' page. I seem to recall that the UK RHD version of the M3 was about 6 months behind the EU version, which was at least a year behind the US.

Last edited:
Sorry i don t know what is edd.
If It is to arrive on October 15, they should leave in the next few weeks.
Expected Delivery Date.
If your EDD is 15 Oct then I would expect to see a departure within the next week.
However, I should warn you that Tesla's EDD can be very unreliable and can change very quickly (It's derived from an algorithm)

I think it worth pointing out that, as expected, the UK will not receive the refreshed M3 anytime soon. Whilst Tesla's EU sites are now taking orders for the new M3, the UK is stuck with an 'express your interest' page. I seem to recall that the UK RHD version of the M3 was about 6 months behind the EU version, which a year behind the US.
RHD Highland M3 heading to Aus in Jan 24 would point to a relatively early switch for us.

Reactions: Mr Miserable
RHD Highland M3 heading to Aus in Jan 24 would point to a relatively early switch for us.

agree. Also this is different from a new model being introduced. Any delay to original M3 has no real impact to Tesla - but a delay to a refresh could have them sitting on old unmovable stock, having to cut prices to move them, or losing market share/revenue to competitors. They need a smooth, timely transition and hopefully have planned accordingly.

I've been keeping an eye on a storm which has now developed into a typhoon - Typhoon Haikui.
At the moment the typhoon is located about 300 NM east of Taiwan and is slowly moving west and strengthening.
It won't affect Shanghai but it will affect shipping heading south towards Singapore as the typhoon will effectively close the Straits of Taiwan to traffic.
We can expect to see the waters around Shanghai become even more congested over the coming days as ships hold clear of the weather.

Jan - March for Australia..... quite vague, so not necessarily January..... basically Quarter 1

with UK web page not selling the new version yet does suggest there will be more shipments of the current/old M3 to UK... perhaps UK will get some Fremont exports again to plug the gap?