Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, new here so hoping for help/advice! I ordered an M3 RWD RHD through my company fleet company (Lex) on 31st Jan. Have been assigned VIN number and RN number, so called up the UK Delivery Centre. They advised my car was "in transit" and the "due date" is 17th March. Can I ask what this "due date" means? Is it the date I can expect/hope to be able to collect/have my car delivered? Is there a way to work out which ship it is likely on from the VIN/other info? Thank you in advance, and to Mr M for this thread - it's incredible work!
As you have gathered already, you can't know for sure which ship your car is on. Having said that, the date that Tesla told you does pretty much coincide with GRANDE NEW JERSEY. When did you get your VIN?

Tesla employee in Warsaw Poland reportedly informed that cars for mid-march delivery are on Glovis Sunrise. That would probably mean that this ship will dock at Koper.
Thanks for posting this. I'm not sure about Koper though, I know the ship will be in Zeebrugge on 09 Mar and at moment the timings look good for her arrival there on 08 Mar. That wouldn't be so neat if she went via Koper.

Hello, i just received my VIN today. My MY RWD is in the GLOVIS SUMMIT, it will unload cars at Barcelone and my delivery center is in Toulon South of France. My TA told me the ship will arrive around the 8th of march at Barcelone.
Thanks very much for posting this.
I didn't think she was going to Barcelona because she had yet to appear on the arrivals board there but she has now appeared and the date of 08 Mar is correct!
:)

Thursday 16 Feb 23 SUMMARY

GRAND MARK
ETA Southampton Western Docks 16:30 tomorrow!

LAKE KIVU ETA Zeebrugge 21:00 tomorrow!

HOEGH TRAPPER ETA Zeebrugge 22 Feb. This is not a Tesla charter but a scheduled service however she is carrying Teslas to Zeebrugge. It looks like she may make a brief stop at Algeciras before carrying on to Zeebrugge. Her scheduled arrrival in Zeebrugge remains 22 Feb.

COSCO TENGFEI : She remains a suspect for the moment....Destination still undetermined.

RCC PASSION ETA Koper 27 Feb. A prime suspect but no firm evidence to suggest she is carrying any Teslas.

HOEGH CHIBA ETA Zeebrugge 02 Mar. Shipment of RHD for Ireland in addition to LHD cars confirmed to be onboard.

GLOVIS SUNRISE I suspect she may be heading to Zeebrugge ETA ~08 Mar. If heading to Koper ~ 02 Mar

GLOVIS SUMMIT ETA Barcelona 08 Mar.

DREAM ORCHID Departed Shanghai South to Pyeongtaek, S Korea. Now heading to Southampton ETA 19 Mar (via refuel in Singapore) and Zeebrugge 22 Mar.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton 16 Mar. Currently enroute to Singapore(refuel stop).

GRAND RUBY is presently loading at Shanghai South. She will be heading to NW Europe. Update: She is preparing to depart to Singapore ETA 22 Feb.
This could mean an ETA in Koper of 10 Mar or Barcelona on 11 Mar. If heading to Zeebrugge ~ 16 Mar

GOLD XING ETA Taipei 04 Mar. She is heading to Taiwan with Berlin-built MYs onboard.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.'

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is free despite being updated via satellite with the latest data available, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Last edited:
No, however there are a number of other ships heading for Jebel Ali from Shanghai but I have no idea whether they are carrying Teslas. It would help if you could say when your EDD is and when you were given your VIN. That might narrow the search down a bit.
Here in Dubai, they give you the VIN once the car arrives at the port.
I called the TA and he said the shipment was due to arrive in March, probably between 1st and 2nd week.
Hope that helps

Here in Dubai, they give you the VIN once the car arrives at the port.
I called the TA and he said the shipment was due to arrive in March, probably between 1st and 2nd week.
Hope that helps
It's a 2 week voyage from Shanghai and the ships to Dubai almost always route via Singapore so it means that they remain unidentified for the first 7 days or so. I'll bear it in mind.

Thanks for the incredible knowledge gathering and sharing!
Since I’m in Belgium, with delivery between 14.03 and 26.03 (ordered 31.01), I have several ships possible. I’d say Grand Ruby.
I have two questions:
- How long would delivery be after arrival in Zeebrugge considering the delivery centre is 1h20 min away from port?
- How soon should I expect the VIN as I may want to cancel the order depending on 01.03 announcements (which would probably mean an increased M3 price I suspect)?

Many thanks!

Thanks for the incredible knowledge gathering and sharing!
Since I’m in Belgium, with delivery between 14.03 and 26.03 (ordered 31.01), I have several ships possible. I’d say Grand Ruby.
I have two questions:
- How long would delivery be after arrival in Zeebrugge considering the delivery centre is 1h20 min away from port?
- How soon should I expect the VIN as I may want to cancel the order depending on 01.03 announcements (which would probably mean an increased M3 price I suspect)?

Many thanks!
In my case there will be about one week between the ship Hoegh Trapper arriving in Zeebrugge (ETA 20/2-22/2, depending which source) and car delivery in Tesla Brugge (27/02).

GRAND MARK is making her way into a gloomy Southampton - just caught a glimpse of her on an IOW webcam.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 15.59.16.png
Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 16.01.35.png

and another one of her as she takes the "Bramble Turn"