Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know very little.
I was not able to detect any VIN shower that could be directly attributed to DREAM ORCHID. She departed Shanghai South and went to S Korea first before her present voyage. Unfortuneately, that doesn't rule her out because we saw a couple of confirmed Tesla ships do this last quarter where they picked up in Shanghai South went to S Korea and did a possible crew change before heading for Europe. Dream Orchid was chartered by Tesla in Q4 for an EU run and then delivered Berlin built MYs to Taiwan before heading back to Shanghai. She could be carrying Teslas or could be full of Hyundai/Kias or a mixture of both. She is the one ship that I have a poor level of confidence in. There is still time to be pleasantly surprised or a little disappointed. If it sounds like I'm sitting on the fence, it's because I am. I have however continued to track her and so at 55/45 I reckon she is more likely to be carrying Teslas than not.
Thanks for the detailed reply. Here’s hoping.

Confirmed few houers ago, nothing change ;) but thanks!

I recived this information:
1678385037634-png.915741

Some people mention that they have information about new Computer hardware, with one did you get?
and somehow, you got it first. Same config, earlier order, no order update nor VIN :(

A huge amount of us in Ireland are hoping that the Dream Orchid has RHD for Ireland. Right now it's the only ship that makes sense for the Apr/May delivery slot that Tesla Ireland has assured people is real. I've been told at least twice that "we wouldn't put it up there with sale this high if we weren't confident that we'd come through on that delivery date".

Reactions: Mr Miserable
K.ASIAN BEAUTY is now passing south of S. Korea on her voyage from Pier 80. As already stated I viewed her AIS destination with some suspicion when she departed and her present position and course only reinforces my view - she is certainly not heading for Xinhui. At a guess it looks at the moment like she may be heading to Tianjin, or certainly somehere in the Beijing area, which if she has new S/X onboard would make sense. We shall see.....

Update: I've been looking a bit more closely at this previously unnoted port of Xinhui and see that both MORNING CONCERT and GRAND SAPPHIRE are on their way there too and its clearly somewhere near Tianjin. We shall find out tomorrow.....

Last edited:
A huge amount of us in Ireland are hoping that the Dream Orchid has RHD for Ireland. Right now it's the only ship that makes sense for the Apr/May delivery slot that Tesla Ireland has assured people is real. I've been told at least twice that "we wouldn't put it up there with sale this high if we weren't confident that we'd come through on that delivery date".
my M3 RWD just changed to 17th July to 30th September 😭

HÖEGH OSAKA ... no RHD ...

Total: 1424

Model S: 760 (vins von 497000 - 506000)
davon Plaid: 124(Linkslenker: 124, Rechtslenker: 0)
davon LR: 636(Linkslenker: 636, Rechtslenker: 0)

Model X: 664 (vins von 382000 - 390000)
davon Plaid: 318(Linkslenker: 318, Rechtslenker: 0)
davon LR: 346(Linkslenker: 346, Rechtslenker: 0)
Just out of curiosity, where do you get such info from?

Tesla have just informed me that all Model Y Performance orders that havn't been matched to a car will now be delayed until May-June.

Im fuming.... When I ordered in early feb, the ETA was 2-4 weeks, where their website stayed until this week. 1 month ticks by and all of a sudden I get "Oh, lol. Sorry its actually 4 months not 4 weeks".

Friday 10 Mar 23 SUMMARY

HOEGH OSLO
ETA Oslo at 04:00 on 12 Mar.
If you are in Norway and have your VIN (hidden or notified) you can check HERE to see if your car is onboard.

GRAND RUBY ETA Koper at around 23:00 tonight.

GRANDE NEW JERSEY ETA Southampton Western Docks 15:30 14 Mar. Note updated time.

GRAND HERO ETA Barcelona 14 Mar. Now in the Mediterranean.

DREAM ORCHID ETA Southampton ETA 19 Mar and Zeebrugge 22 Mar. She is now in the Mediterranean.

YU HENG XIAN FENG has now arrived in Jebel Ali (Dubai)

HOEGH OSAKA ETA Zeebrugge 19 Mar. Has 760 MS and 664 MX onboard. If you have a VIN, check HERE to confirm whether your car is onboard or not.

CHANG DA LONG departed Shanghai South to Thailand (13 Mar). This is the 2nd run she has done in the last month and I strongly suspect she will have some Teslas onboard, although having said that, I didn't find any evidence that she had some onboard her first run. I did note however the latest WuWa video observed some RHD cars parked in the compound waiting for a ship - this was probably it.

Not every ship departing Shanghai South will definitely be carrying Teslas and it may take some time to rule out any 'non-players.' At the moment the only suspect ship remaining is DREAM ORCHID. We shall have to see where she plans to dock in Southampton to see if that rules her out.

K.ASIAN BEAUTY is possibly carrying MS and MX to China from Pier 80. She should arrive in the Tianjin area in 2 days time.

You can follow the ships on this map. It is quite unique in that it is updated with the latest data available including satellite data, unlike others on the internet with 'periodic' updates.

Reactions: XHabjab
When I ordered in early feb, the ETA was 2-4 weeks, where their website stayed until this week.
Yeah, the estimated delivery dates posted on Tesla's website are a poor indicator of actual delivery dates. While the Model Y Performance showed 2-4 weeks since January, all the other versions (both 3 and Y) showed "Feb-Mar" since January (or earlier) until well into the first week of March. They really should be doing a better job with updating that info, the customer experience sucks!