Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Shipping Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Feel free to send detailed feedback on what issues you are facing at the moment to my support email on the site!

As you may expect, running a site that aggregates various AIS feeds from both terrestrial and satellite can get quite pricey so I have had to scale back on certain data sources, this included the ships previous tracks, future tracks and also certain characteristics about the ships journey. Each of those are individual API calls that used to regularly run.

I chose to redevelop the UI to be more accessible for a wider community, the old UI was very unusable with screen readers and also was a bodge of multiple UI frameworks which regularly broke in recent browser engine updates, especially on Safari which is our largest source of users. The new UI is designed from the ground up to be even more efficient on page loads and server hosting (for example, as of it being deployed we have had around 70k unique page loads of which only 2GB of data has been served in that entire time frame - around 28.57 kilobytes per session). The previous site was on the order of triple that value.

As I previously said, I am more than happy to do whatever changes to the UI to suit the users better - one thing I am working on at the moment is the ability to mark a ships "confirmed-ness" on the map in cases where we do not know if it is a tesla carrier ship.

Unfortunately, if it's an issue regarding the detail of the data - I'm afraid we are out of options at the moment while I try to find some accurate AIS sources, I may be able to re-gain some of the detail but only for ships in range of terrestrial receivers (mostly tends to be once the ships are in Europe and maybe around some key ports if we are lucky).

Now, I totally agree with what you're saying. My only issue with the new UI is related to the map itself. It was much easier to read, and the names of cities and countries were in the international format. Regarding the ETAs calculated based on speed, I agree that they were more misleading, and I would have preferred it to only show the arrival times mentioned in the ship's itinerary.

Is it possible to add HOEGH TRIGGER to the map?

@Connoisseur Is it an option to allow listing ship details directly on the map on a mobile browser? With the new version you either see the map or the data. I would like to be able to zoom into the ship of interest, see it on the map together with the details.
Request has been made
She is currently in the Taiwan Straits.

I thought MY for Israel came from Berlin but I could be wrong. I suspect it could be more M3 Highland on the way.
Hi Mr. Miserable,

Hope all is well.
We've just received the VINs for the Model Y in Israel and they start with LRWY.
How can we know if these are the improved model Y RWD with the 5.9 acceleration to 100km and the black wheels etc ?
This is strange because all the MY were received from Germany until now.
The VIN indicates model 2024...
Thanks

Reactions: Mr Miserable
Now, I totally agree with what you're saying. My only issue with the new UI is related to the map itself. It was much easier to read, and the names of cities and countries were in the international format. Regarding the ETAs calculated based on speed, I agree that they were more misleading, and I would have preferred it to only show the arrival times mentioned in the ship's itinerary.
I have reverted the map back to the original tile server we used to use. To be fully honest I don't know why I changed it in the first place haha.

I haven't actually dabbled in APIs outside of the raw AIS data, it may be possible to do some carefully crafted web scraping of ship itinerary websites to get the accurate ETA. Either that or I add a way to manually add it to the map.

Is it possible to add HOEGH TRIGGER to the map?

@Connoisseur Is it an option to allow listing ship details directly on the map on a mobile browser? With the new version you either see the map or the data. I would like to be able to zoom into the ship of interest, see it on the map together with the details.
That sounds like a good idea, would you be meaning per ship? so like once you select X ship it shows you on the map with some kind of a card in the bottom quarter of the page that gives that particular ships details that would be seen on the card in the navbar?

That sounds like a good idea, would you be meaning per ship? so like once you select X ship it shows you on the map with some kind of a card in the bottom quarter of the page that gives that particular ships details that would be seen on the card in the navbar?
I think it sounds like a good idea. The old version had a toggle for details and then displayed it detailed on every ship, but that ended up overlapping and making it hard to see when ships were close. What you describe sounds like a very good solution! Preferably just tapping the ship in the map would be enough to trigger the details card.

Time for another summary:

NEPTUNE BARCELONA has now arrived Zeebrugge

RCC ANTWERP has now arrived in Barcelona,

GRANDE ROMA I'm undecided whether she actually has some Teslas onboard at present - She may have delivered some to Thailand.

GRANDE DAKAR I'm undecided whether she actually has some Teslas onboard - She wasn't alongside long enough to load many. If she has they are possibly LHD M3 Highland for UK showrooms - ETA Southampton 16 Nov.

GLOVIS STAR Koper 5 Nov,

GOLD KOCHAV Ashdod 7 Nov. MY onboard.

GLOVIS CHAMPION Barcelona 11 Nov, Currently ahead of schedule - could arrive 9 Nov.

HOEGH TRIGGER Zeebrugge 24 Nov. Confirmed to be carrying Teslas.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is currently loading at Shanghai South. I'm guessing she'll head to NW Europe (Zeebrugge or Southampton)

GRANDE TORINO is on her way into Shanghai South. She could deliver Teslas to Thailand (and possibly Barcelona and Zeebrugge). This is definitely one where some WuWa video may be helpful.

GLOVIS CLIPPER loaded at Pier 80 but has now popped across the bay to Benicia. This will be for an unload of cars that were already onboard. Let's see where she heads off to next.

I'm told we can expect to see another ship at Pier 80 very shortly however my source is a little unsure of the name - it could be RCC AMSTERDAM - we shall see....

You can follow these ships on the NEW tracking map HERE.

Last edited:

GRANDE ROMA I'm undecided whether she actually has some Teslas onboard at present - She may have delivered some to Thailand.

GRANDE DAKAR I'm undecided whether she actually has some Teslas onboard - She wasn't alongside long enough to load many. If she has they are possibly LHD M3 Highland for UK showrooms - ETA Southampton 16 Nov.

GLOVIS STAR Koper 5 Nov,

GLOVIS CHAMPION Barcelona 11 Nov, Currently ahead of schedule - could arrive 9 Nov.

GLOVIS CHALLENGE is currently loading at Shanghai South. I'm guessing she'll head to NW Europe (Zeebrugge or Southampton)

GRANDE TORINO is on her way into Shanghai South. She could deliver Teslas to Thailand (and possibly Barcelona and Zeebrugge). This is definitely one where some WuWa video may be helpful.

GLOVIS CLIPPER loaded at Pier 80 but has now popped across the bay to Benicia. This will be for an unload of cars that were already onboard. Let's see where she heads off to next.

I'm told we can expect to see another ship at Pier 80 very shortly however my source is a little unsure of the name - it could be RCC AMSTERDAM - we shall see....

Is TANNHAUSER no longer of interest? Seems to be headed to Europe...

GLOVIS STAR Koper 5 Nov,

Dear Mr. Miserable,

I'm following your posts for quite a while now, but I still can't figure it out.

I put my order for a M3LR Highand on Sept 22.
I've heard nothing from tesla since then.
Recently my ETA changed to Nov 7 - Dec 14 in the Tesla App but still no sign from Tesla nor VIN.

Can you say whats going here or is this typically tesla?

Can I rely on these dates, when will my car arrive or at least when will I get an update from tesla?

I hope you can understand my question, sry for my bad english.

Regards from Austria.

Request has been made
She is currently in the Taiwan Straits.
Thanks!
Something like that sounds good. Or if you tap a ship it pops up a card with the details for that ship. If you tap again it goes away. On a desktop maybe the same but then showing it when you hover over it. No idea how complex it is to implement, but that prevents the need to switch from map to navbar, maybe even make it obsolete (or likely still an option for those who want to see all ship details in an overview)

Dear Mr. Miserable,

I'm following your posts for quite a while now, but I still can't figure it out.

Recently my ETA changed to Nov 7 - Dec 14 in the Tesla App but still no sign from Tesla nor VIN.

Can I rely on these dates, when will my car arrive or at least when will I get an update from tesla?

Regards from Austria.
Don't trust the ETA (EDD) until you have gotten a VIN.
I ordered the same as you on Sept. 1. and also have no VIN with EDD that says 3-6 weeks.

Dear Mr. Miserable,

Regards from Austria.
Read post #1 to this thread.
Have you looked for a hidden VIN? - search the forum on how to do that.
Tesla don't build to order - Tesla build whatever suits them best and then match orders against what has been produced.
This means that if you order a blue one with a tow hitch - you could be waiting for sometime or no time at all! So date of order doesn't mean much.
What is likely is that you will receive your car before the end of the quarter ie the end of the year.
The EDD (Expected Delivery Date) can fluctuate wildly until you receive your VIN.
At a guess I would say your car will probably be landed in Koper and so GLOVIS STAR is quite possibly your ship.

Read post #1 to this thread.
Have you looked for a hidden VIN? - search the forum on how to do that.
Tesla don't build to order - Tesla build whatever suits them best and then match orders against what has been produced.
This means that if you order a blue one with a tow hitch - you could be waiting for sometime or no time at all! So date of order doesn't mean much.
What is likely is that you will receive your car before the end of the quarter ie the end of the year.
The EDD (Expected Delivery Date) can fluctuate wildly until you receive your VIN.
At a guess I would say your car will probably be landed in Koper and so GLOVIS STAR is quite possibly your ship.
Thanks for your reply. Yes I've already looked for a hidden VIN but nothing found.

I guess LR, grey, black, 19" + winter tyre + tow hitch is the problem.
My EDD changed today to March - June.
I think I will just wait