Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Y 2300 miles - no cameras, autopilot or gps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Positive update to my issue. Dropped the car off for the tire appointment after a few minutes they said they'll keep it overnight to work through the software issues and gave a loaner. They kept it for 2 days total and did a LV reset and we're able to get 30.6 on the car and everything was back to working. Picked up the car and saw that 30.7 was available and installed that and no issues for the past few days.

Positive update to my issue. Dropped the car off for the tire appointment after a few minutes they said they'll keep it overnight to work through the software issues and gave a loaner. They kept it for 2 days total and did a LV reset and we're able to get 30.6 on the car and everything was back to working. Picked up the car and saw that 30.7 was available and installed that and no issues for the past few days.
Turn off Sentry mode & see if issue comes back. Whatever they did could just be a temporary fix.

OP
Its not specifically addressed in the release notes. I am installing 44.30.7 now. Will report if it helps or hurts or seems to do nothing related to the issues that started this thread.
OK, several days with 44.30.7 now. The issue was gone for awhile, but returned yesterday when i left work. It had been working that morning when i parked. No cameras as I backed out of my parking spot. I left the camera view on the touchscreen and all feeds were black. I drove around and within 5 minutes, the cameras started working again.

OP

OK, several days with 44.30.7 now. The issue was gone for awhile, but returned yesterday when i left work. It had been working that morning when i parked. No cameras as I backed out of my parking spot. I left the camera view on the touchscreen and all feeds were black. I drove around and within 5 minutes, the cameras started working again.
What's the behavior if Sentry mode is off? Does issue come back?

Its not specifically addressed in the release notes. I am installing 44.30.7 now. Will report if it helps or hurts or seems to do nothing related to the issues that started this thread.
I got the installation three days ago and one change is that I am no longer able to use fsd beta, only auto steer. I proceed from Controls to Autopilot to Full Self Driving (Beta) then to the page contains the caution text and the permission buttons to release accident data but only the "No" button at the bottom of the page is operable. What happened?

Getting frustrated with Tesla.
So I spoke too soon here.
I put the car in the reverse this morning, and the cameras, GPS, AP issues are all back.
I tried a “power off” and it didn’t fix it this time.

Continuing to see the following sporadic behavior. When I put the car in D or R, the cameras, GPS, and Autopilot will work. Then I park it, and leave the MYLR 2021. When I come back, i again put the car in D or R, and this time, the cameras, GPS, and Autopilot don’t work. It’s been like this since 12/21/2023.
Also, the 2023.44.30.5.1 update has failed 3 times.
The first 2 times, it downloaded fine but got stuck at 30% during the “Installing” phase.
Last night, it got stuck at 100% downloading, but this morning, I didn’t see a failure message, but the version was still 2023.44.30.2 from 12/20. So, this morning, I restarted the software update, and used my phone as the hotspot bc my phone had better signal than my house Wi-Fi (due to location of router). No luck, just got stuck again at 30% “Installing” and then failed after almost 2 hours at 30%.
Waiting until my 12/27 service appointment.
Had my 12/27 appt at the SC. They provided a loaner until I picked up my MYLR2021 on 12/28. They claimed to have fixed the issue by performing the update to 2023.44.30.5.1. Here are the notes of their so attempt to fix the issue.
“Diagnosed and found recent Firmware was not downloaded and installed successfully, causing vehicle to reboot in recovery mode, which does not allow Driver Assist Systems to function properly. Technician performed 12v resets, cleared cache, verified that Firmware is updated. Driver Assist Systems now functioning properly.”
When I used the car again later that evening, the issues reappeared: no cameras, gps and auto pilot not working.
I brought the car in again to the SC on 1/2/2024. Got a loaner again until I picked my MYLR2021 up today, 1/3/2024.
This time they replaced the computer. Here are their notes.
“Found that APE put itself back in recovery
mode after last service visit. Firmware does not help as that is what was attempted last time, and issue persists. Proceeding with car computer replacement.
Tech removed and replaced car computer, restored profiles, installed latest firmware, and verified proper operation. Test drove to calibrate cameras, verified that DAS features function properly.
Verified that APE stays out of recovery mode even after a DAS reset.“

So far, so good. Cameras, GPS working.
Will test AP tomorrow.

Had my 12/27 appt at the SC. They provided a loaner until I picked up my MYLR2021 on 12/28. They claimed to have fixed the issue by performing the update to 2023.44.30.5.1. Here are the notes of their so attempt to fix the issue.
“Diagnosed and found recent Firmware was not downloaded and installed successfully, causing vehicle to reboot in recovery mode, which does not allow Driver Assist Systems to function properly. Technician performed 12v resets, cleared cache, verified that Firmware is updated. Driver Assist Systems now functioning properly.”
When I used the car again later that evening, the issues reappeared: no cameras, gps and auto pilot not working.
I brought the car in again to the SC on 1/2/2024. Got a loaner again until I picked my MYLR2021 up today, 1/3/2024.
This time they replaced the computer. Here are their notes.
“Found that APE put itself back in recovery
mode after last service visit. Firmware does not help as that is what was attempted last time, and issue persists. Proceeding with car computer replacement.
Tech removed and replaced car computer, restored profiles, installed latest firmware, and verified proper operation. Test drove to calibrate cameras, verified that DAS features function properly.
Verified that APE stays out of recovery mode even after a DAS reset.“

So far, so good. Cameras, GPS working.
Will test AP tomorrow.
Please test with Sentry mode off & report back.

I got the installation three days ago and one change is that I am no longer able to use fsd beta, only auto steer. I proceed from Controls to Autopilot to Full Self Driving (Beta) then to the page contains the caution text and the permission buttons to release accident data but only the "No" button at the bottom of the page is operable. What happened?
That's in the garage where wifi lives. If I drive down the street even the initial autopilot fsd button, the one leads you to the caution and permission page, disappears.

2023 Model S HM4, mid-December I lost Parking Vision, FSD and most of the collision avoidance, but still had Backup cameras.
Software updates would get stuck at 100% download, but would never complete.
Took my car to the SC 1/04/2024 and they mentioned that might require a new computer, but they were able to reset the car computer and loaded the latest software, 44.30.7.
Now, it seems that everything is working correctly again.
I have the new Parking Vision, which seems to work. I'll test it out later for accuracy.

Reactions: AndroidFreak
2023 MYLR here. Same issue as poster above. SA took the car in today, gave me a loaner, they're expecting to replace the computer. I was told they had to order the computer that's why the appointment took almost a month. My app states it's now been updated to 44.30.7

Estimated time of completion is on Monday. I will update if issues are resolved.

Reactions: AndroidFreak
2023 MYLR here. Same issue as poster above. SA took the car in today, gave me a loaner, they're expecting to replace the computer. I was told they had to order the computer that's why the appointment took almost a month. My app states it's now been updated to 44.30.7

Estimated time of completion is on Monday. I will update if issues are resolved.
Update: I picked up the car today. They had to replace the AP4 car computer, multiple coolant purges were performed, latest firmware downloaded and installed. Version: 2023.44.30.7. They test drove the car to see if all features were working as they should and they confirmed everything was working.

I picked up, test drove, it's all working fine now. Turned on Sentry Mode as soon as I get home after the drive from the SC.
I dont expect it to malfunction just because of the Sentry Mode being turned on but we'll see.

Aside from the long wait, a month to be exact, of sometimes frustrating situations, time-consuming research on how to possible remedy the problem, the experience with Tesla Repair Services were great!