Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1691218042639.jpeg

“The Ioniq 5 N will produce 601 horsepower and 545 pound-feet of torque—and it has something called N Grin Boost that raises output to 641 hp.“

MSRP should be around $63k.

Anyone else pumped about this performance EV? I haven’t seen any other EV compelling enough to make me want to upgrade from my 2019 M3P at a close price point. Based on the numbers, it should be a high 10 second car on the 1/4 mile given Kia EV6 GT owners are hitting low 11s with 70 less hp.

It will have a 84-kwh battery.

Comes with forged wheels, big brakes, and racing seats from the factory.

It also makes artificial noises 😅
“The Ioniq 5 N's "N Active Sound+" feature uses 10 interior speakers and two exterior ones to simulate the rumble of a gas engine and exhaust both inside and outside the vehicle. There are a few different sound profiles available, including a "Supersonic" theme that Hyundai said was inspired by fighter jets.”

Here’s to hoping Elon ups the ante with a Plaid Model 3 or at least a more powerful M3P or else I may be switching over to Hyundai in the next few years.

Not having too much respect for KIA / Hyundai not doing anything
to stop this number of deadly car crashes caused by KIA / Hyundai stolen by teenagers

Last edited:
KIA / Hyundai are putting together solid EVs by all accounts. The only question appears to be (like all other OEMs)...can they make them profitably at the price points they are targeting. If not, they will continue to only be a low volume product. If the dealers are still in the loop you can expect upward "dealer adjustments" as long as "low volume" remains the status quo.

Reactions: heymull
I test drove one before settling on a model Y. They are fast, have good power, battery, unique look, buttons inside and a screen behind the wheel with dash indicators.

Main thing I didn't like is the price isn't really competitive with the Tesla's. I was totally expecting them to undercut Tesla as they used to to with Toyota, etc. I know Hyundai's are getting more reliable, but traditionally the name is associated with poor quality and I feel that stigma still exists although not deserved. It's like Coke vs. a generic "Cola". Why would I pay a premium for that?

The dealer's I saw couldn't come close to matching the advertised lease deal on their own website, which is the only way to get the tax rebate right now. You have to haggle with them just to get a still unfair price. And there were 30+ on the lot.

The don't appear to have much in the way of fast DC charging infrastructure, at least according to their own website. So it'll be fine for a daily driver, not so sure about long drives.

Last, while I like the exterior retro look, the interior dash area, while functional, seems cobbled together, asymmetrical, just leaves me with a bad feel.

Anyone else pumped about this performance EV? I haven’t seen any other EV compelling enough to make me want to upgrade from my 2019 M3P at a close price point.
If you're open to replacing a performance sedan with a performance SUV, then sure, a Ioniq5N is an option.
If you want something remotely comparable to M3P in handling, there is still nothing out there for a comparable price.

If you're open to replacing a performance sedan with a performance SUV, then sure, a Ioniq5N is an option.
If you want something remotely comparable to M3P in handling, there is still nothing out there for a comparable price.
True. That's one big downside to me. All these new performance EVs weigh 500+ more lbs. more than a M3P and feel that it's a little piggy already.

I might just pick up the new GR86/BRZ manual as a weekend car to fulfill that need.

Reactions: hyp36rmax
KIA / Hyundai are putting together solid EVs by all accounts. The only question appears to be (like all other OEMs)...can they make them profitably at the price points they are targeting. If not, they will continue to only be a low volume product. If the dealers are still in the loop you can expect upward "dealer adjustments" as long as "low volume" remains the status quo.

All the owners complaining about having to reduce home charging speed wouldn't agree with solid.
They also need to improve their BMS so the top speed of DCFC is more consistently available.

The Kona EV also seems not be solid. I have problems I might be able to blame on a collision with a deer, but I know one person with one and they seem to have had 2 out of the 3 problems I have had.

Kia may have a better record.

All the owners complaining about having to reduce home charging speed wouldn't agree with solid.
They also need to improve their BMS so the top speed of DCFC is more consistently available.

The Kona EV also seems not be solid. I have problems I might be able to blame on a collision with a deer, but I know one person with one and they seem to have had 2 out of the 3 problems I have had.

Kia may have a better record.
Point taken on level 2 charging. I'm not familiar with that issue.

And admittedly, I was only thinking about the E-GMP platform (Hyundai Ioniq 5, / Kia EV6). I know little about Kona's platform (shared EV/ICE platform?). I generally would not recommend any EV that is not built on a dedicated EV platform.

View attachment 962431

“The Ioniq 5 N will produce 601 horsepower and 545 pound-feet of torque—and it has something called N Grin Boost that raises output to 641 hp.“

MSRP should be around $63k.

Anyone else pumped about this performance EV? I haven’t seen any other EV compelling enough to make me want to upgrade from my 2019 M3P at a close price point. Based on the numbers, it should be a high 10 second car on the 1/4 mile given Kia EV6 GT owners are hitting low 11s with 70 less hp.

It will have a 84-kwh battery.

Comes with forged wheels, big brakes, and racing seats from the factory.

It also makes artificial noises 😅
“The Ioniq 5 N's "N Active Sound+" feature uses 10 interior speakers and two exterior ones to simulate the rumble of a gas engine and exhaust both inside and outside the vehicle. There are a few different sound profiles available, including a "Supersonic" theme that Hyundai said was inspired by fighter jets.”

Here’s to hoping Elon ups the ante with a Plaid Model 3 or at least a more powerful M3P or else I may be switching over to Hyundai in the next few years.
i worked briefly for Hyundai years ago and it's a bad car with cutting corners.

Watch Bjorn about ionic 5 - "rapid gating" or w.e. he called it. It seems like you're getting lots of car for the money but it's not the case. if you want better quality, acceleration then get I4 M50, but you will sacrifice range, maintenance cost and long term reliability.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: superblast