Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Insurance Costs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not believe that a self-adjisted valuation will carry much weight in the event of a claim.

For that you need an 'agreed value' policy.
Won't disagree. This is standard practice for classic and modified cars.

They could give me a £1 valuation in the hope I bump that valuation up and they increase the premium but the reality is that it that the £1 valuation has no bearing since values go up as we've seen and down.

Bottom line is that they have to put you back to where you were and that might work out in their favour or not but no odds to you if you have a right off accident.

Reactions: Whyone
Won't disagree. This is standard practice for classic and modified cars.

They could give me a £1 valuation in the hope I bump that valuation up and they increase the premium but the reality is that it that the £1 valuation has no bearing since values go up as we've seen and down.

Bottom line is that they have to put you back to where you were and that might work out in their favour or not but no odds to you if you have a right off accident.

Yep, exactly this.

You are probably hurting yourself financially by bumping up.thr valuation for an insurance quote.

The time to fight with them is in the event of an insurance write-off.

I went to war with my son's insurance company when his car was written off - rejecting their initial offer and demonstrating that similar cars (spec, mileage, age) were being advertised for rather more than they were offering.

They quickly relented and paid a fair market value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Js1977 and Doudeau
Isn't Admiral who always come up cheap but then expect you to list every option individually as a modification?
I’ve also had some bad experiences with a non-fault claim from Admiral, they were very hard to deal with. Directline on the other hand were amazing when our X got written-off at 6 months old, if it had been with Admiral the claim would have been much more of a headache. So for me its if worth the hassle of saving about £100 on the Lexus insurance……

Also are they still the only group that ask about speed awareness courses and bump up the premium as if you received points?

Edit:

All it says on the quote is:
Has not had any motoring offences,added to their driving licence record - in the last 5 years.
Include all offence codes that appear on the paper counterpart of the licence or have expired and have been removed but are still within the last 5 years. For Northern Ireland, you may need to use the nearest UK equivalent.

So it would specifically be something that is recorded as points.

But from reading around, it is apparently on the last page or something on MSE forums mention it - as I already have an existing policy with them I am not sure I can go that far through it

Last edited:
1000013069.gif

I've had my renewal come at 1700 from 900 last year. No claims. no offences, extra year NCD. Ran through the comparison sites and best price found is about 1300. Any recommendations for insurers that aren't on comparison sites? Are the adrian flux's etc worth checking?

I’m with Admiral. My 3P 2019 was £674 last year via Compare The Market. Renewal due next month.

3 weeks ago I refreshed my CTM quote and it came in at £624 - £50 less. Happy days.

Yesterday CTM sent me an email reminding me that my insurance is due next month and my quote is £1024!

I go to my 3 week old email and click the £674 link and indeed it’s now over £1000. How can it almost double in a month?

I go to the Admiral web portal. Renewal is £940

I decline. The website says, ok how about £801

I decline and it says we’d hate to see you go, how about £666

What a bloody waste of everybody’s time and effort. At least I could do it all online in a few minutes instead of the usual age on hold and then haggling with the agent.

Insurance really is like dealing with barrow boys nowadays.