Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 LR AWD is now eligible for the $7500 tax credit [posted 06/17/2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1718651729725.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mimontgom4769
The $7500 question is will those who bought a 2024 Model 3 LR AWD before eligibility was announced be able to claim the tax credit? According to the IRS:
The sale qualifies only if:

It seems it is now up to Tesla to report these sales to the IRS. Has anyone already contacted Tesla about this?

Last edited:
This tweet is speculative.
It’s not speculative. This is not fake news lol.

It’s understanding Tesla as a company and where they get cells from and what is eligible for the tax credit and what isn’t. It’s also understanding Tesla history and knowing that they used to use the 2170 Panasonic in the LR trim (aka the 2021 LR I currently have)

Reactions: P-Lo801
I'm not a native English speaker, but my understanding that if you start a sentence with "So, it look like" what follows is a speculation. I does make sense considering what we know but is not confirmed.
It won’t be “confirmed” until someone takes delivery and opens up the battery pack to be fair though. We have no way of for sure, 100% knowing otherwise.

Since the capacity of the Panasonic pack is slightly higher than the capacity of the LG one, I don't think opening the pack is needed. Just take a look in service mode.
Wouldn’t that still be speculative and not “confirmed” though? To me that is no more confirmed than what we know today. Tesla could also very well software lock it to the same specs as the LG battery. Range, speed, capacity, etc.

Wouldn’t that still be speculative and not “confirmed” though? To me that is no more confirmed than what we know today.
Tesla is legally required to disclose the part content information in the Monroney Label of each car. If there is a difference between early 2024 and late 2024 cars, I would consider this a confirmation. Here is the information for my 2024 Model 3 LR AWD, delivered in May:
  • US/Canada - 35%
  • Mexico - 20%
  • China - 40%

Reactions: Jeremy3292