Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has everyone outgrown their current M3P and M3LR already? Have you gotten to top speed already, used the brakes to their heat capacity, powered through corners with 4 wheel drift, taken the battery from 100-0% and just in general made full use of the vehicle capabilities and still want more… if so why do you want more

Is it just “i want a slightly faster acceleration to the road speed limit”?

Never owned a Tesla, but will be replacing a ~400whp ICE car. Rented a '22 M3P and was moderately impressed, but I did notice the power dropoff at speed. Seems like the refresh will suit me pretty well.

Reactions: MarkoP and Jangy
Nice! Did you try the different suspension modes? Is there a noticeable difference between them?
Yeah! I did half the drive in the comfort mode, the other half was in the sport setting. A bit of a difference between the 2. I found myself going back to the firmer setting, it was still way more comfier than my 2019 M3 SR. When accelerating from traffic lights it does squat down as much as the older cars.

Reactions: juliusb and Junni
IMG_9026.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9025.png
    IMG_9025.png
    484.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: TehEno and juliusb
I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the look of the rear. Is it just me? I haven't read all 27 pages but I can't be alone in this. It feels too random. Too many materials of odd shapes placed randomly. Perhaps it's all purely functional, but it doesn't hit my eyes well.

Reactions: Adam3
I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the look of the rear. Is it just me? I haven't read all 27 pages but I can't be alone in this. It feels too random. Too many materials of odd shapes placed randomly. Perhaps it's all purely functional, but it doesn't hit my eyes well.
That's how I felt about the highland rear in general ever since it was revealed.

Reactions: Adam3 and phantasms
I still think the front and rear changes don't match everything in between.

Is it just “i want a slightly faster acceleration to the road speed limit”?
Personally, I like the look and I want what's best. Consumerism at its best.
I can't really rationalise why I'm upgrading, my 2019 M3P is the most fun car I've ever owned, it drives well, gives me zero issue and I've barely used 10% of the battery rated life (done 168 cycles only)

Reactions: TehEno
Personally, I like the look and I want what's best. Consumerism at its best.
I can't really rationalise why I'm upgrading, my 2019 M3P is the most fun car I've ever owned, it drives well, gives me zero issue and I've barely used 10% of the battery rated life (done 168 cycles only)

Ditto - I love the new 'Highland' style, front to back, inside and out. I -almost- pulled the trigger on a M3P early last year and am really glad I waited. :)

Reactions: hellocar and TehEno