Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model 3 Performance Announced - Discussion thread post announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all you have to do is look at the leaderboard with units set to metric, and understand that 100kph is 62mph.
My best and worst 0-100 kph run with a US(Panasonic) car.

IMG_7213.png
IMG_7214.png

There are even worse runs on there, but fair enough, let’s wait for some info on battery SoC and temperature. Coincidentally in the three fastest runs you can see the rate of acceleration tailing off above ~45mph.

Maybe the batteries were also the limiting factor on the old M3P...the new one may have the same bottleneck?

There are other aspects that make the new one a much better car though.

I can say that when I test drove a new LR, which has that GOD AWFUL LG battery it felt significantly faster than my car above 40mph, but it’s possible that this was just an artifact caused by the fact that my car accelerates so damn hard below 40 and that was missing from the new car I was driving.

Maybe I should schedule a test drive today and take my Dragy to see what the new LR does

I can say that when I test drove a new LR, which has that GOD AWFUL LG battery it felt significantly faster than my car above 40mph, but it’s possible that this was just an artifact caused by the fact that my car accelerates so damn hard below 40 and that was missing from the new car I was driving.

Maybe I should schedule a test drive today and take my Dragy to see what the new LR does
I got 3.95/4.13 0-60 on a LR.

I see there are a few European ‘24 M3P 0-60 times appearing on the dragy leaderboard in the 3.1s to 3.2s range with 1ft rollout deducted.

This is not faster than it was before ☹️
draggy2.jpg

This is one I did from my test drive a month ago in a LG car here in Aus.

That was at 75% SOC with a cold battery with just a single run.

While the top end speed of the LG is definatly slower, the sub 100kph is a few tenths quicker than the old car for sure.

View attachment 1058950

This is one I did from my test drive a month ago in a LG car here in Aus.

That was at 75% SOC with a cold battery with just a single run.

While the top end speed of the LG is definatly slower, the sub 100kph is a few tenths quicker than the old car for sure.
That’s quicker than my fastest run with a hot battery on 18” wheels in my ‘21. At 95% SoC.

Attachments

• IMG_4233.png
    IMG_4233.png
    287.3 KB · Views: 10