Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 MY "Price Adjustment" Math

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone buying without at least a $3500 discount from today’s $2k lower MSRP is overpaying and shouldn’t complain when, not if, the larger discounts return. Clearing out 45,000 extra cars plus probably another 45,000 this quarter will take lower prices. Plus the Fed is not lowering interest rates any time soon so all auto sales are slowing. Welcome to the real world of auto sales where too much inventory always leads to huge incentives.

Reactions: Royal27
We have seen recent price drops, APR = 0.99%, and Long Range unlock on RWD MY

We also have seen that Tesla had its first 1Q sales drop in the history of Tesla making cars.
Additionally Tesla's are filling up services centers and even nearby shopping malls (I have seen them).

Conversely there is a known sales slump on ALL BEV's while ICE and HEV sales go up.

How likely is it Model Y will have additional price drops, or price down on some of its options, to stimulate sales? More SuperCharger miles, or longer free FSD?
Perhaps something in June to make 2Q look ok?

I don’t think they want to drop Model Y AWD pricing routinely below Model 3 AWD pricing? That’s gotta massively eat into margins…
You can if you compare a refreshed and much better M3 versus a 3 year old MY.
Also possible better production efficiency with MY over M3
And then the $7500 tax discount impacts net price which only applies to MY and expensive M3 Performance.