Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well the more important question is whether or not the 2024 comes with any changes i.e front camera, led lighting? Otherwise, for the most part it is not that important.
From my experience it doesn’t seem Tesla changes things on the model year. It seems they do it when they want. I was hoping for a 24, but I would have been happy with a 23 two months ago. I’m sure I’ll be happy with it now.

From my experience it doesn’t seem Tesla changes things on the model year. It seems they do it when they want. I was hoping for a 24, but I would have been happy with a 23 two months ago. I’m sure I’ll be happy with it now.
You are correct although begs the question why are they waiting so long to change over? Cars produces soon won't be delivered until next year.

You are correct although begs the question why are they waiting so long to change over? Cars produces soon won't be delivered until next year.
Maybe they'll do something great like remove more sensors like when they ditched the USS. Their changes aren't always what I would consider for the better. But it's tech and is always moving forward. Maybe the 24 will bring the newest latest, then 2 months later, the next newest latest.

This is my third Tesla, so I'm not too worried. And as for the drop in resale 23 vs. 24, I think the price drops for MSRP are more concerning than a same milage 23 to 24. I'm just glad I saved $5k ordering when I did cause soon after the Plaid price went up over night.

What does PF425 mean in relation to VIN Year?

Mine is PF428
@crispiminis what was your OD and what State

@ToasterStrudel what was your OD. I see you're in Denver

I'm in Vail, CO with Order Date of September 30 and no VIN. My latest EDD : Dec 8 - Jan 12, was about 10 days ago..
Should I be concerned that no VIN yet?

I got a message December 5th on Tesla App saying to "provide registration details to prepare for your delivery ". I'm concerned about that since I already did all that on September 30th.

Why would they be asking for that information NOW, when it's been on my account screen since September 30.

I heard from my SA that Tesla is holding X/S deliveries until 12/10 due to backend changes to support '24 VINs.

Separately, I'm curious what the groups thinks about the following:

*Would you rather have a later VIN (PF425 or something) with a build date of mid Nov OR
*PF423 with a build date of early Dec

Seems like VINs aren't quite sequential, but curious anyone has perspective on this?

• Informative
Reactions: towndrunk
Got my MSLR VIN on Tuesday. Scheduled Friday pickup and this afternoon received this message. Then 10 minutes later if gave me a chance to reschedule with the earliest available time on Sunday evening. I asked if the car is not there or they need to fix something, but unclear as they haven’t replied. I’m in Los Angeles. Hoping it has some great new feature like bumper cam they need to adjust lol but not holding my breath.

“Hi xyz, we apologize for the inconvenience, we are unable to complete your Model S pick up tomorrow. We have canceled tomorrow's appointment and will reach out in the next few days to reschedule. We appreciate your understanding and deeply apologize for the inconvenience.