Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22MYP Suspension Upgrade third party or new 23 comfort suspension?

Which would increase the ride quality the most

• 23 OEM Upgrade

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Mountain Pass

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Unplugged

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Ohlins

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Other third party

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm thinking of installing the MYLR comfort suspension into my 2022 MYP (no comfort suspension). Any thoughts on this? I'm fine with the height difference.
Why not test drive new performance and decide which suspension to upgrade to?

My SC told me the part must match the vin model if you want to keep the warranty, if you get LR suspension it will avoid suspension warranties.

Why not test drive new performance and decide which suspension to upgrade to?

My SC told me the part must match the vin model if you want to keep the warranty, if you get LR suspension it will avoid suspension warranties.

Meh, not too worried about suspension warranties.

I can't test drive a MYLR with 21" uberturbines so I don't see how test driving would help me. Obviously the MYLR will be softer than the MYP.

I just submitted the parts order through tesla service after quite a bit of back and forth. I'll keep everyone posted on the results. Some people say the new comfort suspension is too bouncy and soft which I'd rather it be than unnecessarily harsh. These are the exact part numbers I ordered, have not gotten the invoice yet so no pricing:

Front left: 1188371-00-F
Front right: 1188376-00-F
2x Rear shock: 1188465-00-F
2x Rear spring: 1188475-00-D

Interested in how you like it. I ended up ordering Redwood Ohlins DFV GT since I was not impressed with the 23 MYP suspension.

Just an update, this is the pricing including NYS sales tax for the following parts:

$840 + $67.50 in taxes ($907.20)

I decided to buy springs as well, I was unclear if it was optional or not since they are relatively inexpensive. Pickup date is the 15th of June, arranging to install them the same day as well. Will keep you posted on the ride improvements, I do prefer "bouncy" over abrupt harsh thumps because I live in a pothole infested city. Cheers

Interested in how you like it. I ended up ordering Redwood Ohlins DFV GT since I was not impressed with the 23 MYP suspension.
I was gonna go the same route but what sold me is Tesla is getting stingier with warranty coverage. They wouldn't even replace my seat again because it squeaks like hell... AGAIN. So played it safe and went with their own brand to avoid a headache in the future. Are the Ohlins that much of an improvement over stock?

nencmeister: "Are the Ohlins that much of an improvement over stock?"

There are several threads comparing OEM with Ohlins, MountainPassPerformance, Unplugged Performance, Tein. No real consensus, without any real side-by-side tests. Several that have changed to coilovers say the ride is minimally improved, with less harsh "slap" of uneven pavement, but much better control of road undulations than OEM. As for quality? Ohlins, MPP, UPP, in descending order (and cost!). Tein seems to be a quality product, but not very many examples of MY install.

I have MPP coilovers, installed at 10k miles, now at 45k miles. I like them very much, but my wife contends the suspension is still too stiff...sigh...

I was gonna go the same route but what sold me is Tesla is getting stingier with warranty coverage. They wouldn't even replace my seat again because it squeaks like hell... AGAIN. So played it safe and went with their own brand to avoid a headache in the future. Are the Ohlins that much of an improvement over stock?
Where in WNY are you located? I'm interested in your old myp suspension if you are looking to sell it.

Just an update, this is the pricing including NYS sales tax for the following parts:

I decided to buy springs as well, I was unclear if it was optional or not since they are relatively inexpensive. Pickup date is the 15th of June, arranging to install them the same day as well. Will keep you posted on the ride improvements, I do prefer "bouncy" over abrupt harsh thumps because I live in a pothole infested city. CheersCa

I decided to buy springs as well, I was unclear if it was optional or not since they are relatively inexpensive. Pickup date is the 15th of June, arranging to install them the same day as well. Will keep you posted on the ride improvements, I do prefer "bouncy" over abrupt harsh thumps because I live in a pothole infested city. Cheers

Can’t wait to hear how this goes. Thanks for sharing.

Just picked them up, now to find an installer... waiting on same emails. Also cracked my damn windshield...

Will keep you posted, let me know if anyone needs better quality photos for any reason before they are installed

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1,022.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: jetsurgn