Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comfort Suspension Not Much of an Improvement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I insensitive or insensate or have CIP; (I know I'm not deaf.....I SAID I KNOW I'M NOT DEAF - to SWMBO in the kitchn). I just don't experience any of the issues I read of here. OK, firm ride but any bumping or rumbling is due to poor road surfaces. There is no booming or echoes in the cabin. The sound system is great.

I love it all! And thank God for that; I could not cope with dissatisfaction (with the Y) plus crazy insurance premiums (renewal quote up by 250%) from first Y year which equates to 450% higher than the X3 insurance for 2022. Add to that runaway depreciation and yes, you need to want the car.

Oh! Did I mention that I will be shopping around for a better insurance deal.

Hey ho! Happy Motoring.
Have you checked Amica? I recently switched to them and they were very reasonable compared to my current carrier. Recommendation came from BMWCCA, where members get a discount.

Have you checked Amica? I recently switched to them and they were very reasonable compared to my current carrier. Recommendation came from BMWCCA, where members get a discount.
I believe they are US based but thank you.
I have been shopping around and found a comparatively reasonable quote which I accepted today.

I have read that one of the components leading to this years great hike in premiums is due to the long lead time for repairs and the concomitant high cost of courtesy car hire.

However, all UK policies come with the courtesy car clause which the insurers will not remove and thereby lower premiums accordingly. "It is included " we are told "and therefore is free" which of course is bollocks. I would rather have a lower premium and no courtesy car but the insurers have us by the body part to which I referred above. ( I'm feeling testi😊 with the whole thing).

Last edited:
As years went on nothing about the model y change but cost saving parts. Teslas motto. Cut cost, maximize profits
You must live on another planet? Since my 2020 MYP they have added no less then 25 plus new features and improvements And reduced the price massively so more can afford it. Seems they are doing exactly the Opposite of what you imagine.

Here are some changes made up through February 2022:

• Bigger battery pack (82kWh instead of ~75kWh)
  • Exterior speaker (Boombox)
  • HEPA filter and Bioweapon mode
  • Full rear mega casting (instead of two halves)
  • Heat pump sound damping shroud
  • IR cabin camera
  • Seven-seat option
  • Fixed turn signal cameras (no glare)
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Windshield wiper defrost
  • Double-paned windows (front)
  • Double-paned windows (rear)
  • New center console design
  • New door buttons and matte finish panels
  • Metal steering wheel buttons
  • Dimming side mirrors
  • AMD processor
  • Lithium-ion 12V battery
  • Sealed front ball joints
  • Matrix LED headlights (Performance versions so far)
  • USB in the glove box for Sentry Mode + free thumb drive
  • Tie-down hooks in the trunk (China-only right now?)
  • 4680 cells and structural battery pack (coming first at Giga Austin)
  • Cargo cover (China-only for now)
  • Turn signals are now amber color and larger.

Tesla could easily add proper blind spot warning but they are content let the highly inaccurate squiggly lines that half of us ignore, to be your blind spot warning. Hopefully they will wise up soon.

Lane Assist​

Model Y monitors the markers on the lane you are driving in as well as the surrounding areas for the presence of vehicles or other objects.
When an object is detected in your blind spot or near the side of Model Y (such as a vehicle, guard rail, etc.), the touchscreen displays colored lines radiating from the image of your vehicle. The location of the lines correspond to the location of the detected object. The color of the lines (white, yellow, orange, or red) represent the object's proximity to Model Y, with white being the farthest and red being the closest and requiring your immediate attention. These colored lines only display when driving between approximately 12 km/h and 140 km/h. When Autosteer is active, these colored lines also display if driving slower than 12 km/h. However, the colored lines do not display if Model Y is at a standstill (for example, in heavy traffic).

Reactions: Daekwan
An approach adopted by businesses since the dawn of private enterprise. When coupled with the right value proposition and a product which becomes an object of desire, usually results in success - at least for a time.

• IR cabin camera
  • Seven-seat option
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Dimming side mirrors
  • AMD processor
Cargo cover in UK since June 22.
Li-ion low voltage battery ( it's 16 ish volts).

• IR cabin camera
  • Seven-seat option
  • Heated steering wheel
  • Dimming side mirrors
  • AMD processor
So the bigger battery pack gets more range now? Hepa filter??? For realz???? Full press was to save money. Didn’t make the car any safer. 7 seater option is not free. New center console design? It’s tye same.

I did not get a free thumb drive. Thumb drive at video rate is cheap. Amber color bulbs cost more than clear ones? I could probably question all these on the list. In covid period MYP was selling at $60k+. So Tesla was literally charging for everything.

I will give you double pane, but again came out when price was at peak.

Now Tesla might charge for heated seats. Might even be a subscription.

Not crapping on the model y. Wife model y is great. All the item in the list are just changes not upgrades.

Personal attacks because one believes their car… I mean their telsa, dare even if I call it the model Y, is better than clean water. Got it.
No- it was because you asked what improvements Tesla had made, then, when confronted with a long list proceeded to ignore them because they disproved your point. If you’re going to engage in a debate over facts you need to be prepared to admit you’re wrong. If you can’t then be prepared for people to point out your inability to reason.

An approach adopted by businesses since the dawn of private enterprise. When coupled with the right value proposition and a product which becomes an object of desire, usually results in success - at least for a time.
The problem arises when said business effectively has no competition. Then they get greedy and realize they can cut even more (or delay upgrades) because consumers don't really have a choice if they want a product in that category. . . .

• Disagree
Reactions: WyoDude and GOVA
No- it was because you asked what improvements Tesla had made, then, when confronted with a long list proceeded to ignore them because they disproved your point. If you’re going to engage in a debate over facts you need to be prepared to admit you’re wrong. If you can’t then be prepared for people to point out your inability to reason.
Have you seen the list? Tell me how it improved the car on user stand point? Nothing is a noticeable changes. Nothing. Single press was to speed up production and cut cost. Matrix headlights??? Can’t tell the difference between my friends older model to my 2023. Then claim it’s only performance y.

It’s just annual model feature changes. Every manufacturer does it. Is he claiming the list was done over a year? Or since first introduction of model y (first year model)? Please just stop. Some on that list are just fixes

• Disagree
Reactions: WyoDude
Have you seen the list? Tell me how it improved the car on user stand point? Nothing is a noticeable changes. Nothing. Single press was to speed up production and cut cost. Matrix headlights??? Can’t tell the difference between my friends older model to my 2023. Then claim it’s only performance y.

It’s just annual model feature changes. Every manufacturer does it. Is he claiming the list was done over a year? Or since first introduction of model y (first year model)? Please just stop. Some on that list are just fixes
You must resist being wrong lol. It’s ok to be wrong your doing well at it.