Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

22MYP Suspension Upgrade third party or new 23 comfort suspension?

Which would increase the ride quality the most

• 23 OEM Upgrade

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Mountain Pass

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Unplugged

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Ohlins

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Other third party

Votes: 6 9.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the part I install breaks something it wont be covered. It doesn't void the whole warranty. She didn't specify but i corrected her. I said If I install and something breaks I understand its not covered and she said yes. She was trying to scare me at first. Im not concerned, it should be an easy install.
My SC told me it will avoid warranty. But my case is different because I wanted MYP suspension for my MYLR.

This thread has been very helpful. A friend of mine is taking delivery today in Texas before driving up to visit. Mine was an 8/22 build, and I’m wanting to see how the new suspension compares.

I might be ordering parts if I’m as impressed as some of you guys are. I’m not worried about taking care of the install myself; it doesn’t look difficult.

Reactions: nencmeister
This thread has been very helpful. A friend of mine is taking delivery today in Texas before driving up to visit. Mine was an 8/22 build, and I’m wanting to see how the new suspension compares.

I might be ordering parts if I’m as impressed as some of you guys are. I’m not worried about taking care of the install myself; it doesn’t look difficult.
Let us know how big the difference is!

Reactions: TomB985
I'm going to put latest revision MYLR suspension on to my 2022 MYP. Has anyone done this before?
I'd be very curious to actually drive an MYP with the new 23LR comfort suspension. If I were you though I would also try to drive a 23 MYP to compare, the difference is night and day and imo the performance is better as well. Welcome to DM me if you want to test drive my MYP with the new retro fit.

Reactions: Umar96 and TomB985
I'd be very curious to actually drive an MYP with the new 23LR comfort suspension. If I were you though I would also try to drive a 23 MYP to compare, the difference is night and day and imo the performance is better as well. Welcome to DM me if you want to test drive my MYP with the new retro fit.
You're saying the 23 MYP is better than the 23 MYLR? I will go test drive these I guess.

Also, what retro fit do you have?

You're saying the 23 MYP is better than the 23 MYLR? I will go test drive these I guess.

Also, what retro fit do you have?
For performance, absolutely. I would test drive the 23MYP before you do something drastic like install the 23LR suspension on an MYP. You might really like the 23MYP suspension, because you will definitely lose performance going to a standard suspension. I installed the 23MYP suspension on my 22MYP and I am very happy with the results, especially for how cheap it was.

If you ever order the comfort suspension parts, please post about your dealings with the MN service center you went to. Thanks!

Reactions: TomB985
I just purchased a 23 MYP. We test drove one on Friday and picked up an inventory model on Saturday. I had read all of the comments about how harsh it rode. Its the wife DD so I was prepared to go MYLR. We drove the MYP and never even tried the LR. It's definitely a performance car ride, but not that bad. Very happy so far.

Reactions: GOVA
I just purchased a 23 MYP. We test drove one on Friday and picked up an inventory model on Saturday. I had read all of the comments about how harsh it rode. Its the wife DD so I was prepared to go MYLR. We drove the MYP and never even tried the LR. It's definitely a performance car ride, but not that bad. Very happy so far.
The 22 and prior ride pretty harsh, the 23 model has an upgraded suspension, I wouldn't even call it harsh anymore honestly.

For performance, absolutely. I would test drive the 23MYP before you do something drastic like install the 23LR suspension on an MYP. You might really like the 23MYP suspension, because you will definitely lose performance going to a standard suspension. I installed the 23MYP suspension on my 22MYP and I am very happy with the results, especially for how cheap it was.
Lose performance how?