Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24 hours with my new 90D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the car! It does have a few thinks I don't like.

1) The rear view mirrors don't fold back out 100%

2) I can't connect to either my airport extreme, or my airport express

3) The car is too fast. It is easy to get car sick as the driver.

That being said I LOVE the car.

Reactions: DIL
Point 3) drive slower! :)

I also have a 90D, now with 10,000 miles. Still love it.

If you have Autopilot V1, then take it easy as you get used to it over the first 2,000 miles. It just takes time to figure out all the little peculiarities.

I dont know if this is still the case with the newer cars, but the older cars wont connect to an "N" only network, it needs a "mixed G And N".

I have an AP2 car and it will not recognize my "AC/N" 5.0ghz network. It will only connect to my legacy overlay 2.4ghz B/G/N. Luckily I run both but some people might not.

I love the car!

Same issue with the driver side mirror on my week-old 90D. Without being aware of the problem, it can be a serious safety issue the first time it happens. Could be a bad batch of mirrors.

So far, this is the only compelling reason for me to bring the car in for repairs...other than the sparks and smoke when I plug in the charging cable.o_O

I think the wifi antenna in the car is a rusty paperclip placed inside a faraday cage surrounded by a top secret wifi signal repelling material...it's range is approximately 14 mm and will connect if your router is located inside the car...good luck.

Seriously though, it really isn't needed. I get all updates on 3G (don't even have LTE) and most folks who did the LTE upgrade report only modest benefits (i.e. browser is still slow as molasses, music loads slightly faster).

same problem with week old 75d, Mirrors some times do not fold out 100%. I pushed folding button on door 2 times and then they went to 100% ???? First time it happened, I thought I did a bad job on mirror adjustment, but then when I could not get it to adjust to see, figured out they were not 100% open. Will have to watch this for a while

I love the car! It does have a few thinks I don't like.

2) I can't connect to either my airport extreme, or my airport express

3) The car is too fast. It is easy to get car sick as the driver.

That being said I LOVE the car.

I have an 802.11ac Airport Time Capsule and my car connects to it just fine on the 2.4GHz spectrum. Just make sure that you have it enabled to auto or some other channel instead of "Off".

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 8.59.12 PM.jpg

Last edited:
If you have a brand new car with AutoPilot v2 hardware then the only thing likely wrong with your "rain sensing wipers" is the fact that they're not yet "rain sensing" and won't be until a later software update.

Mike
Yup I figured but the mirrors are definitely not working so I thought I would just ask. Hopefully they'll push an update but I'm not super full hopeful.