TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

24 hours with my new 90D

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by rw86347, Dec 27, 2016.

1. rw86347

rw86347 Member

I love the car! It does have a few thinks I don't like.

1) The rear view mirrors don't fold back out 100%

2) I can't connect to either my airport extreme, or my airport express

3) The car is too fast. It is easy to get car sick as the driver.

That being said I LOVE the car.

• Like x 1
  2. TrafficEng

TrafficEng Member

Point 3) drive slower! :)

I also have a 90D, now with 10,000 miles. Still love it.

If you have Autopilot V1, then take it easy as you get used to it over the first 2,000 miles. It just takes time to figure out all the little peculiarities.

3. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

My 2 year old son loves how fast it is. He says "do it again" every time I hit the accelerator.

4. Hammer@OR.US

I dont know if this is still the case with the newer cars, but the older cars wont connect to an "N" only network, it needs a "mixed G And N".

5. croman

croman Active Member

I have an AP2 car and it will not recognize my "AC/N" 5.0ghz network. It will only connect to my legacy overlay 2.4ghz B/G/N. Luckily I run both but some people might not.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  6. Haxster

Haxster Member

Same issue with the driver side mirror on my week-old 90D. Without being aware of the problem, it can be a serious safety issue the first time it happens. Could be a bad batch of mirrors.

So far, this is the only compelling reason for me to bring the car in for repairs...other than the sparks and smoke when I plug in the charging cable.o_O

7. Derek Kessler

Derek Kessler Member

I've got an Airport Extreme too. Had to connect to the 2.4GHz network instead of 5GHz.

• Helpful x 1
  8. doubleohwhat

doubleohwhat Supporting Member

To my knowledge, Tesla is still using the same wifi module from Parrot that they've been using for years. That would explain the lack of support for N or AC networks.

9. cab

cab Member

I think the wifi antenna in the car is a rusty paperclip placed inside a faraday cage surrounded by a top secret wifi signal repelling material...it's range is approximately 14 mm and will connect if your router is located inside the car...good luck.

Seriously though, it really isn't needed. I get all updates on 3G (don't even have LTE) and most folks who did the LTE upgrade report only modest benefits (i.e. browser is still slow as molasses, music loads slightly faster).

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. rw86347

rw86347 Member

Yeah and I can smell gas when I put gas in it!

• Funny x 1
  11. norm

norm Vendor

same problem with week old 75d, Mirrors some times do not fold out 100%. I pushed folding button on door 2 times and then they went to 100% ???? First time it happened, I thought I did a bad job on mirror adjustment, but then when I could not get it to adjust to see, figured out they were not 100% open. Will have to watch this for a while

12. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Don't think that's true ('most folks'). Many, many people (myself included) have seen phenomenal improvements in map tile loading and map refresh speeds.

The browser just sucks, so no amount of bandwidth is going make it better.

13. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

#13 theslimshadyist, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    I have an 802.11ac Airport Time Capsule and my car connects to it just fine on the 2.4GHz spectrum. Just make sure that you have it enabled to auto or some other channel instead of "Off".

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 8.59.12 PM.jpg

14. MS_Dream

MS_Dream Member

My car is a week old and I have the same issue with the driver's side mirror.

15. AZ90D

AZ90D Member

Mine is about a week old with the same problem on the driver side. Lots of people have reported the same issue. Service is coming to my house Friday to fix that and a problem with my rain sensing wipers.

16. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

If you have a brand new car with AutoPilot v2 hardware then the only thing likely wrong with your "rain sensing wipers" is the fact that they're not yet "rain sensing" and won't be until a later software update.

Mike

17. AZ90D

AZ90D Member

Yup I figured but the mirrors are definitely not working so I thought I would just ask. Hopefully they'll push an update but I'm not super full hopeful.