Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$2500 CA Rebate Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email saying I need to resubmit as they required a full "7-page Retail Installment Sale Contract" which was not provided by Tesla, I emailed Tesla and resubmit whatever they emailed me (Statement of Fact and Transfer forms), but still got rejected.

Can someone tell me what documents are needed?

Thanks a lot!
Check in your online account and look for the MVPA ..that’s what I sent in

I got an email saying I need to resubmit as they required a full "7-page Retail Installment Sale Contract" which was not provided by Tesla, I emailed Tesla and resubmit whatever they emailed me (Statement of Fact and Transfer forms), but still got rejected.

Can someone tell me what documents are needed?

Thanks a lot!

You can pull all the documents when you log into your tesla account under your vehicle. The loan and sales agreement is all uploaded.

But isn't the CA rebate on a income limit now? I didn't apply when I got my 3....

I guess I was the one that planned on deferring income, because my W2 income was low enough for the 4500 dollar CA rebate. The ability to adjust income was one factor in choosing lump sum distributions vs monthly payouts. I missed the fact that the CA EV rebate, is different than the 800 PGE Clean Fuel rebate, which should arrive soon. I think I just got lucky. I also had to take an IRA withdrawal to create tax liability to take advantage of the 7500 federal rebate. I gave up lifetime charging for 5000 dollars, and Tesla paid 5000 to buy out my model S lease. All these rebates, refunds, and buy outs added up to nearly $25,000. Now I surf the web for rebates, because you have to ask !

• Informative
Reactions: Dmagyar