Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row Cup Holders from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My fuzzy recollection was that it was at one of the Get Amped events. I'll see if I can dig it up.

And, yes, I want one too. I'm tempted to nudge TeslaAccessories to build a knock-off of the original prototype if Tesla doesn't pony up.

- - - Updated - - -

Found it:
Yes...Sign me up for one as well. Personally I am more interested in this than the one currently under development for the front. My better half initially wanted the front one but now insists that it is a perfect spot for her 20# purse (Ooops 20# comment came out of my brain unfiltered :wink:)

My fuzzy recollection was that it was at one of the Get Amped events. I'll see if I can dig it up.

And, yes, I want one too. I'm tempted to nudge TeslaAccessories to build a knock-off of the original prototype if Tesla doesn't pony up.

- - - Updated - - -

Found it:

Wow that is very nice. I would definitely buy that one.

Since I rarely have more than 4 people in the car, this would stay in place 95% of the time, so it could even take a bit of effort to install/uninstall.

Yes...Sign me up for one as well. Personally I am more interested in this than the one currently under development for the front. My better half initially wanted the front one but now insists that it is a perfect spot for her 20# purse (Ooops 20# comment came out of my brain unfiltered :wink:)
I don't love the front cup holders, but I'm really beginning to like that spot between the seats for things I have with me. And yes, my wife also loves it for her purse.
The back seats are a different story. Having a place for the kids to put their cups... that would be nice. And the practical joke that Tesla is offering for $150 really isn't even worth talking about.
The one in the picture above... yeah, that would work. Maybe not for $1500, but for $400? I'd think about it.

$150......

3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg

ill just maintain the rule of no drinks in the car at anytime

Having cup holders on the floor is just silly. The chances a cup won't get kicked are slim and none. Not to mention staining the back of the seats.
Ah, I see the evil plan. With cupholders mounted on the floor, owners will feel it necessary to ALSO buy the all-weather floormat that will contain the inevitable spills. And since you can't JUST get the 2nd row rubber mat, you have to buy the full $200 package.
Now the cupholders cost $350 total if you'd like them to be fully functional and safe! :biggrin:

Looks on par with the front cupholders

I heard there were some German designers in the Model S design team. Perhaps they were the ones responsible for the cup holder design :wink:

Funny also, wenn I look for Kindersitz (booster seat) on amazon.de, there is not one model (at least on the first few search result pages) that has any cupholders. Obviously the manufacturers don't seem to think we need them.

Shame really.