Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2nd Row Cup Holders from Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that is one hell of a terrible solution. in fact, it's so absurdly out of this world, it's laughable. I actually laughed b/c I thought it was a joke when I saw the picture. is it april 1st yet? lol

i mean honestly, did they really think this one through? The only plausible result is going to be a kick to the drink and then coffee stained seats and carpets.

geez. i mean really... I think I'd trust doing this more than a leather strap on the floor:

tumblr_ll81rnM2PD1qctkcl.jpg

hell, even this is better:

its-a-lazy-world-coffee-cupholder-packing-tape-dashboard-demotivational-poster-1265760682.jpg

but really, if they were serious, they should really make it a little more eloquent like so:

thermos-koozie-car-two-pack.jpg

but I still like my idea best:

b636full.jpg

Of course designing it in from the start would have been ideal so that will likely have to wait for future versions of the Model S. Not a bad option for occasional use though. The floor does seem like an unusual place to put the drinks.

Personally, I like it. Given design constraints of retaining the current Model S interior including all 3 rear seats plus legroom it appears to be a functional and attractive add on. If the price is reasonable I'll buy this.

I also prefer this solution rather than compromising seating for a 3rd passenger in the back seat. I don't want a console in the back seat. I would also rather spill liquid on my floor liners than on the upholstery.

I also prefer this solution rather than compromising seating for a 3rd passenger in the back seat. I don't want a console in the back seat. I would also rather spill liquid on my floor liners than on the upholstery.

What if the MS had a pull down armrest in the middle with cup holders? A seat when not in use, a cup holder when needed. Not a retrofit really, but a standard feature in a newer model.

What if the MS had a pull down armrest in the middle with cup holders? A seat when not in use, a cup holder when needed. Not a retrofit really, but a standard feature in a newer model.

This would be a great option. The only problem would be if you need all 3 seats, then you would have no cup holders.

An option for a drop down middle seat and these cupholders might be ideal.

Put you cup in your hands. :) It's not like Model S has a 5 speed transmission...

Except you should not drink and drive. You may hit a bump and spill it. Then again, if you have the air suspension, the bumps don't matter. Go ahead and hold your drink. (disclaimer: I hold no responsibility if you decide to hold your drink, or whatever, while you are driving).

Put you cup in your hands. :) It's not like Model S has a 5 speed transmission...

I drive with both hands on the steering wheel. I've said (as have others) many times that the lack of rear cup holders in hot climates is just silly.

- - - Updated - - -

I received the following email today from Tesla's online orders dept:

I heard today that the 2nd Row Cup Holders, a set of two, will be priced at $150.
Regards,
Hugh

Outrageous if true; let's hope there was some dyslexia involved and price should be fifty-one and not one-fifty.

How will 3 people sit in the back seat if the arm rest is down? Where will people put their drinks if there are 3 people in the back seat if the only cup holders are in a folding arm rest?