Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3% Price increase across the board

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guessing as long as I handwash almost every week then its okay haha... sucks for winter time... can't hand wash in the winter :/ I will freeze...and those automated machine washes are horrible they scratch vehicles so easily.
If you have a garage look into rinse-less car washes. I use Optimum No Rinse and it works great (although if you have a bunch of snow or slush on the car you would need to spray it off first at a do it yourself carwash). Last month it was 4° outside when I was washing my car.

Just curious what your reason to defer was, as we are considering jumping into an X, as well.
We have a 90D, but since we take road trips with our Airstream, effective range on that rig is now about 110-115 miles. A "long range" X would extend that closer to 145 miles, which means less charging to full, less charging in the taper, and much less travel time on the road. So those are the reasons for the upgrade. The reason I chose not to jump at it last night was that I hadn't done actual calculations on how much time I'd save on some of the trips I have planned, and I do enjoy my unlimited supercharging (even if that's not a reasonable financial argument against upgrading), plus the stripping of auto park and lane change from AP. I'm not terribly thrilled to purchase FSD in order to get those features, which I use extensively when traveling without the trailer.

Also, I didn't want my judgement to be clouded by a sales tactic. So I'm going to analyze better tonight and revisit.

If you have a garage look into rinse-less car washes. I use Optimum No Rinse and it works great (although if you have a bunch of snow or slush on the car you would need to spray it off first at a do it yourself carwash). Last month it was 4° outside when I was washing my car.
going to look into that haha 5 degrees outside and rinsing the car....that's dedication! how do their water sprayers not freeze up?

How bad is black, everyone really says its bad and will scratch and peel easily..is this true?

Go look at any black car from any brand. Especially in the sun, even fresh from a wash, you'll see scratches on every panel. It's almost impossible to avoid swirl marks in black paint without a serious time commitment. Black also shows dirt the fastest.

Some of that is only noticeable within 20 feet of the car, and only if you're looking for it. It's ultimately a question of how much does it bother you? If you look at a bunch of black cars in person and don't see anything that would bother you if it was YOUR car, then great! Black looks nice and you can save some money. If what you see does bother you, then don't pick black.

going to look into that haha 5 degrees outside and rinsing the car....that's dedication! how do their water sprayers not freeze up?
All of the do-it-yourself car washes around here use warm/hot water when rinsing. I just use it to get rid of all the crap that builds up under the wheel wells and on the door panels, then use a towel to wipe down the handles and door seals (since everything will freeze when driving home). Leave it in the garage for a few hours to let it melt, then wash.

Okay, so this is good and bad..who do we believe..do we believe they really had volume issues and were flooded by people buying...or maybe they are just saying that and really they didn't sell as many as they wanted so they are extending to see how many extra they can get?

FWIW, I got a call on Saturday or Sunday from the salesperson who gave me a test drive to go over a couple of questions I'd e-mailed her about. She said that the Tesla store in Dedham, MA was crazy busy at that time. This is anecdotal, and relates to just one store, but it gives some credence to the idea that Tesla really did see a surge in orders. Also and FWIW, I know that I placed my order on Thursday because I knew prices were going up.

Okay so I just read this article that came out today I believe https://electrek.co/2019/03/24/tesla-raises-model-y-price-inventory-prices-april-2/

Says that price will go up again I'm April 2 for Y and inventory prices...so does that mean if I order a Model 3 on April 3rd the prices will be higher than the already higher prices that took effect this past week? I'm confused as hell with all these price changes lol