Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D Maxpider Kagu Mats for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anybody know if the issues with the fitment that Raj Balwani (thanks for the heads up Raj!) pointed out in his review have been resolved? I'm patiently waiting for these floor-mats to come back in stock, but didn't want to order before the issues have been resolved.

The main issue being this one:
Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 3.13.57 PM.png

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Shane

Autoanything advised me that mine was revised from 08/22 to 08/30. They will still get to me before the car does.

Does anybody know if the issues with the fitment that Raj Balwani (thanks for the heads up Raj!) pointed out in his review have been resolved? I'm patiently waiting for these floor-mats to come back in stock, but didn't want to order before the issues have been resolved.

View attachment 326576

-Shane
It doesn't really look like that big of an issue to be honest.

View attachment 326576

-Shane
I received mine about a week ago. They have similar gaps as pointed out in the review by Raj. Doesn’t bother me enough though.

When did you orders yours? The mats were removed for sale in late July (haven't been added back yet).
ordered mine on July 24. When I ordered, they were on their site. They didn't even send me a note or explanation on why it was cancelled so I reached out. Turns out that because I put another item in my shopping basket from their site over a week before this order it was still in my basket so there were these mats plus one other item. I removed the other item before doing the full check out and payment for the mats. Their system gave me a total price for only the mats minus the discount. Seemed all was good. When I asked them why my mat order was cancelled, they told me because I still owed them for the other item previously in my shopping cart. I kindly explained that this other item was removed prior to check out and payment but they basically said too bad. So much for buying from AutoAnything. Service lacking.

I’ve thought about buying these but am having a hard time getting over the lack of middle-backseat, lipped foot space. Has anyone found it to be a problem having a passenger in the middle seat with wet shoes/comfortable foot placement? I think I saw Raj point this out in his review. Granted sitting in the middle sucks in most sedans as a passenger, but I’d prefer to not add insult to injury.

Not having my vehicle yet I’m hoping Weathertech releases their version soon so I can see their offering before making a final decision. I want to like Tuxmats, and while I’m sure they are better in person, I cannot get over their looks.

Reactions: johndorian
@partcatalog I just remembered to respond to this post. My bunching is not on the left side of the passenger mat, it’s on the right, see pics. Any tips? Thanks!

Attachments

• 8D562D15-4A9D-4DE2-B723-0FAD9FA913EE.jpeg
    8D562D15-4A9D-4DE2-B723-0FAD9FA913EE.jpeg
    908.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 1DF67792-810B-4967-A0E9-E6F2046641AF.jpeg
    1DF67792-810B-4967-A0E9-E6F2046641AF.jpeg
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 86
  • E8957A83-7030-4E19-8B42-EB4C757947DC.jpeg
    E8957A83-7030-4E19-8B42-EB4C757947DC.jpeg
    881.4 KB · Views: 92
Just need our Model 3 now to put our mats in to check fit. I did like Erik's video and showing how the water runs off of them was nicely done. Also since not having our car yet hadn't realized that the original mats in the rear didn't extend in the middle to the console base. If it were me at 3Dmaxpider though I would have run the edging around the interior seat tracks and around the console base.

Reactions: Ludatik
@partcatalog I just remembered to respond to this post. My bunching is not on the left side of the passenger mat, it’s on the right, see pics. Any tips? Thanks!

Likely the same thing, it's just positioned in a way that your crease is on the right instead. It's in the exact same spot, just opposite side. Check your side panel, if you're able to push it in about a centimeter, you should be able to shift the liner over. If that doesn't work please send us an email.

I had something similar to this on the right side. I didn’t even try the other mats (rear/driver). I just returned them. The guy said I’m the first that’s complained about the fit. Waiting for weather tech still I guess

I know it's the wrong season, but can anyone with these mats speak to my concern that the lack of partitions/dividers would lead to snow melt sloshing around during driving?

(Maybe I'm simply overestimating how much snow melt gets on my car floor mats during the winter(?).)

I know it's the wrong season, but can anyone with these mats speak to my concern that the lack of partitions/dividers would lead to snow melt sloshing around during driving?

(Maybe I'm simply overestimating how much snow melt gets on my car floor mats during the winter(?).)

If you don't get an answer here...might be too soon for feedback on the Model 3, look for a 3DMaxpider Kagu thread under Model S and post your question there. I remember participating in that thread when we bought our mats. We're in a non-snowy part of Calif so can't be of help answering your question.