Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3p Or Used S100d?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Depends. Do you want the larger passenger compartment, faster straight line speed, older interior style (and a used vehicle) or do you want superior handling and newer tech (and a new car)?

I don't care at all for how the interior of the S feels while driving, at least compared to my P3. Less visibility, and I feel way more separated from the road. I do think the S has better exterior styling though. FWIW my 3P has not bottomed out once. It's not really very low. The front of the car doesn't hang over the axle as far as other vehicles.

I was in the same dilemma last fall. I drove them back to back even though I had driven an s many times. For me, it was hands down the performance model 3. The driving experience was so superior for me in the 3 it was worth giving up some of the features that the S has. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE the S and agree that the overall exterior is more sexy than the 3. I can’t wait to see what is coming up next for the s and x (and truck).

I was in the same dilemma last fall. I drove them back to back even though I had driven an s many times. For me, it was hands down the performance model 3. The driving experience was so superior for me in the 3 it was worth giving up some of the features that the S has. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE the S and agree that the overall exterior is more sexy than the 3. I can’t wait to see what is coming up next for the s and x (and truck).
There is certainly no bad choice there. Really comes down to personal preference and needs.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ and ChadS
After several years of owning an S (we even had two for a while) I have been driving a 3 for over a year.

I have only scraped the bottom of my 3p once, on a friend's really bad driveway. The S used to make it.

Love both cars. S is smoother, quieter, has 2 screens for better nav display, and has more cargo space, so better for road trips. (In fact we are on a road trip now, in my wife's X, which she wishes was an S but her father can't bend to get in one).

The 3 is more efficient, a little easier to wash and park, and has awesome handling and steering feel so I prefer it around town.

Last edited:
Reactions: TORQU3
Hands down the P3.

Test drive both for yourself though. The 3P is just so much fun. I test drove 100D after several months of ownership in the P3 and 100D felt slow. The P3 has spoiled me.

I also had a P85D S for two weeks and couldn't wait to get back into my car.