Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40 kWh Delivery Timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had a check from Penfed on my desk for over 2 months...I just need to pay Tesla before the 30th or I have to start over (with a higher rate). Take my money!

I heard 2nd week of May when I called. Which hopefully gets me a VIN before the end of the month that I can put on the check.

If I want to proceed with no changes do I need to call? I see several people have said they called to confirm that, but I thought if no changes were requested they would go ahead as configured. Is this correct?

I don't think you need to call but you probably should anyway to get your DS name. I got a very nice email from my DS explaining that my car will be delivered in June and asking if I wanted to upgrade.

If I want to proceed with no changes do I need to call? I see several people have said they called to confirm that, but I thought if no changes were requested they would go ahead as configured. Is this correct?
I was told they would wait a few weeks to make sure that you want to stick to the 40, I called the day after that email was sent, and when TM said "We'll wait a few weeks to make sure don't want to upgrade", that when I said, keep both of mine at 40's, and he confirmed that. It's been 10 days since the email when out, but if you can speed up the delivery, I would call, just to make sure. Personally, I'm getting sick of waiting and just want the car, no more pre-ordering for me again (3 to 4 weeks is OK, but a year, just drives me crazy).

I don't think you need to call but you probably should anyway to get your DS name. I got a very nice email from my DS explaining that my car will be delivered in June and asking if I wanted to upgrade.

I called Tesla up today and they said that my 40 will be built in the first or second week of May. Delivery will be 5 to 10 days after that so that puts me at a mid to late May delivery.

Reserved 11/29/11
P6057
40kwh, Std Suspension, Piano black, Black leather

I was told they would wait a few weeks to make sure that you want to stick to the 40, I called the day after that email was sent, and when TM said "We'll wait a few weeks to make sure don't want to upgrade", that when I said, keep both of mine at 40's, and he confirmed that. It's been 10 days since the email when out, but if you can speed up the delivery, I would call, just to make sure. Personally, I'm getting sick of waiting and just want the car, no more pre-ordering for me again (3 to 4 weeks is OK, but a year, just drives me crazy).

Just a year - I put my reserve down in June 2009 and still haven't seen my 40. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a myth! :scared:

Some have stated they have an EOL date of 5/6 so I anticipate they'll see the Delivery Button first. Since we're so close, would people please add their EOL date when posting?

My EOL date: 6/3
40, green, to Bellevue WA
(I'm not sure if anything else matters at this point)

Good luck everyone!!!

A little good news. I called today and my EOL date has improved, from 6/3 to 5/27. This is the second improvement in two weeks (originally 6/10). It leads me to think all 40 cars will be produced in May, with deliveries in May through early June. For some reason my car is scheduled toward the end of May, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for the rest of you to get a Delivery Button soon. I bet this thread will light up around 4/29 with lots of good news.

I can't wait to hear of the first one so keep us posted (here).

If you don't mind, please continue to list your P#, EOL date, color, and delivery location.

P4408, EOL 5/27
40, green, Bellevue WA