Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

400 KwH Free Charge Monitoring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I ended up getting a Tesla after January so I only have 400 KwH each year. I know if I log into My Tesla it shows my credit there and I am assuming it also updates if I use it. Has anyone tried this and if so do you know how quickly the data is updated to reflect how much more charge credit you have left?

IMG_1266.PNG
Mine showed up same day as soon as I checked it from a day trip.

X100D here. I can confirm, the update in the 'last charge' display shows the last charging location, right away. My second and third use of SC's took awhile for the calculation of total used / available to update. Maybe a few hours, but not longer than 1/2 day. Tesla is definitely keeping score, for what its worth. Side note, for an unknown reason, on delivery day when I added, maybe 10 kWh, at the Woodburn SC, they didn't charge me for it. Courtesy for delivery, I suspect.

I'll add the below comments for consideration of potential new buyers out there scouring the fourms to try and make sense of free SC and what they missed out on.
Now that I'm on month 2, here is my review. I was on both sides of the cutoff, & chose to give up free SC.
Paid SC is the right choice for me. Glad I switched. By that I mean I put the emphasis on the largest battery and home charging. I love pulling out each AM with often better than 200 rated miles while not home charging every single night. On longer day trips, adding 24kWH at a SC (will in the future) cost <$3, no big deal.

I believe the 400kWh SC credit is really what Musk intended for SC use anyway.... I read the forums heavily on free SC-ing and listened to the advise of Talking Tesla on the computed cost of free supercharging. I think the original purpose worked. The free SC use case was to help early adopters get the Tesla bug & hold them over while they adjust to range anxiety of big adventures & smaller packs.

Someone here gave me the best advise, buy the largest battery pack you can afford. ;-)

Reactions: boaterva
I charged at the Casa Grande AZ supercharger within the first two weeks of ownership and nothing showed up. No ding against the 400 kWh and no charge. Then we started a long road trip. The 400 kWh started clocking down with the first supercharge of the trip, visible at the end of the day, and after that was gone Tesla started charging our CC. Some time later (1 week or 2 weeks?) Casa Grande finally shows up, as the chronologically first supercharge. Since our 400 kWh was gone at that point, they charged the CC for our very first supercharge!

We also had two supercharges on the way back that simply said "no charge", as in no cost. We definitely received power from those supercharges.

So generally your 400 kWh debits and later charges appear in a timely manner, but there can be some glitches here and there.

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP
my 70Kwh worth of supercharging on my delivery day never showed up (one month ago) while my 20Kwh worth of supercharging in the last week showed up instantly. Im guessing since theres a delay in the communication when you accept delivery that any supercharging on delivery day just didn't register at all.

• Informative
Reactions: TechVP
I charged at the Casa Grande AZ supercharger within the first two weeks of ownership and nothing showed up. No ding against the 400 kWh and no charge. Then we started a long road trip. The 400 kWh started clocking down with the first supercharge of the trip, visible at the end of the day, and after that was gone Tesla started charging our CC. Some time later (1 week or 2 weeks?) Casa Grande finally shows up, as the chronologically first supercharge. Since our 400 kWh was gone at that point, they charged the CC for our very first supercharge!

We also had two supercharges on the way back that simply said "no charge", as in no cost. We definitely received power from those supercharges.

So generally your 400 kWh debits and later charges appear in a timely manner, but there can be some glitches here and there.

I just noticed the same thing. After starting the post I tried it out and didn't see any deduction from my 400 and then when I tried a second round a different time it did show the deduction.