Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far, with the exception of irrelevant timelines and, perhaps FSD, their history has been filled with promising a lot, then delivering even more. Some of us actual technology pioneers realized that FSD wasn't going to be as easy as its pundits thought but, then, when you leave technology development to a bunch of software geeks who have few real-world skills and experiences, you have to listen to the tech details, not their silly promises.
Sure, that may change but . . .
Tell that to all the owners of the MCU1, remember that? Be sure to get the latest update for your software…. Oh wait. On second thought.

Except no other brand fanboys try to defend the brand from broken promises.

Thanks for being ridiculously fan boys and biased, I feel more confident that Tesla will remain stagnant because fan boys are content with what comes out of the their PR department(YT/Twatter bloggers).

Countless test have proven Tesla doesn’t meet their stated range but you know “Paid Big Oil Shills”
Do our mothers wear army boots too or is the above all the name calling you feel you need to resort to when you can't point to anything real?

What I like about Tesla is that they have committed to doing what I want in terms of cars and energy. They also work very hard and Musk has gone all-in putting his money behind it. They miss schedules, and sometimes fail, however, they've done so much more in the past 17 years that I've been a customer than the rest of the auto industry has, combined, since before I was born.
Sure, Musk seems to have more recently turned his attention toward silly things, however, that doesn't matter, they have opened the EV bottle so wide that nobody is going to be able to put it back.
I don't actually care if the CT is a successful product. It has already accomplished the major goal of dragging the laggards into making EVs. They've also brought the price of batteries down to where we'll eventually have affordable EV trucks that can replace today's dinosaur burners.

What I like about Tesla is that they have committed to doing what I want in terms of cars and energy. They also work very hard and Musk has gone all-in putting his money behind it. They miss schedules, and sometimes fail, however, they've done so much more in the past 17 years that I've been a customer than the rest of the auto industry has, combined, since before I was born.
Sure, Musk seems to have more recently turned his attention toward silly things, however, that doesn't matter, they have opened the EV bottle so wide that nobody is going to be able to put it back.
I don't actually care if the CT is a successful product. It has already accomplished the major goal of dragging the laggards into making EVs. They've also brought the price of batteries down to where we'll eventually have affordable EV trucks that can replace today's dinosaur burners.
For me it's more about the seemingly nonstop blatant dishonesty. We'll find out soon enough but 500 miles range is a stretch today especially in a consumer pickup with oversized wheels/tires.

Do our mothers wear army boots too or is the above all the name calling you feel you need to resort to when you can't point to anything real?

That it did do and we are thankful for Tesla Engineers proving that EV’s are as capable as ICE.

Now if they can fix the top end downfall….. like Porsche they can get back on track. They should not stay satisfied with what they have which is what I am seeing.

As far as the CT. It will be a best seller but will also end up in used lots and sold quickly. Those who haven’t seen it in person don’t understand how massive this thing it. They have bought into the “sports car” capability…. Stand by

Now if they can fix the top end downfall….. like Porsche they can get back on track. They should not stay satisfied with what they have which is what I am seeing.
Personally, I couldn't care less about the high end. You snobs can pay what you want for your Porsches and Bentleys, just don't expect any sympathy if you don't get what you want.

As far as the CT. It will be a best seller but will also end up in used lots and sold quickly. Those who haven’t seen it in person don’t understand how massive this thing it. They have bought into the “sports car” capability…. Stand by
And so the self-proclaimed sage has declared. I've seen a whole lot more of you silenced than proven right but only time will tell, certainly, nobody on the internet knows.

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
Personally, I couldn't care less about the high end. You snobs can pay what you want for your Porsches and Bentleys, just don't expect any sympathy if you don't get what you want.

And so the self-proclaimed sage has declared. I've seen a whole lot more of you silenced than proven right but only time will tell, certainly, nobody on the internet knows.

I know, only fan boys are proven right but only after they twist and turn to make their savior look good.

This explains how you reach EPA rated range, so I was right, you’re probably cursed off the road often….. smh

Remember the Model S Plaid+? That was supposed to have 520 miles of range and they just flat out canceled it saying the 390 mile Plaid was "just as good". Time and time again Tesla does back of napkin calculations and uses that for marketing then when they get to the real world application they realize they can't do what they thought. MY AWD sub 280 miles range? 4680 (everything about it other than saving money for Tesla)? Its not being a downer when you are just pointing out past let downs from Tesla and reminding people that the company's word is only as good as their most recent promises. Directly relevant is the end of Q3 Cybertruck release event. Here we are closer to the end of Q4.

1701012143044.gif

Last edited:
Remember the Model S Plaid+? That was supposed to have 520 miles of range and they just flat out canceled it saying the 390 mile Plaid was "just as good". Time and time again Tesla does back of napkin calculations and uses that for marketing then when they get to the real world application they realize they can't do what they thought. MY AWD sub 280 miles range? 4680 (everything about it other than saving money for Tesla)? Its not being a downer when you are just pointing out past let downs from Tesla and reminding people that the company's word is only as good as their most recent promises. Directly relevant is the end of Q3 Cybertruck release event. Here we are closer to the end of Q4.
So, out of thousands of revolutionary efficiency, performance, and safety developments that have gone well, you manage to find a couple of places where Tesla failed to achieve a stated goal.
I'm sure your batting average is 1000, however, most of us are more than satisfied with 999.

• Disagree
Reactions: TessP100D
I am not about to get into the back and forth name-calling in this thread, just a comment on "range."

Range IS good. Not to go the full rated distance, but to charge to around 60% quickly during a road-trip. So, with a real range of say 450 miles, 60% will give you around an honest 270 miles in a very few minutes of SC time. That, in my not so humble opinion, is the advantage of an EV with long range.

Rich