Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

500 mile range? LOL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if it's been discussed. Does anyone have an idea if the lightbar will reduce aero and thus mileage?
Nothing to add on the CT, but a datapoint for consideration when making a comment on this:
71769451059__7906E281-1505-4D34-BF20-C094B68DFA40.jpeg

The bike on the front has less impact on range than the box on top.
IMG_5776.jpeg

I suspect that the CT light bar will have been heavily engineered so as not to have much of an impact.
The dirty air doesn’t seem to mind being /more/ disrupted, whereas the clean air despises being disturbed and penalizes you /again/ for trying to fly your brick down the highway.

Also, LED light bars generally want to be placed a bit back to avoid blasting the dash with light and using the roof as an physical cut off.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
Back to the light-bar effecting range. From pics I see it is put at the very top of the truck at the angle point, so if its implemented into the angle without protruding it should not affect air flow. So depends on how much it's protruding in that angle point. I guess more will be revealed and we will be speculating at this point.

Reactions: buckets0fun