Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$500 PG&E Clean Fuel Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok - received our rebate check back in Feb.

However, just got an email that we will be receiving a second one - we didn't apply - it used orig application number in the email.

Basically, me too (applied for and received two rebates much earlier this year, got two emails today...I didn't check the application numbers). My supposition is just that their automated email-sending system had a hiccup. I am not expecting a second set of checks.

Bruce.

I got the same email I got the first time, a rejection because of some missing paperwork. I later got approved and received the check.

So I am pretty sure this was some sort of glitch that resulted in many of us receiving our first correspondence all over again.

If you haven't applied for your PG&E rebate, you might want to wait until 2019 to do so.

Return to the Clean Fuel Rebate application on or after January 1, 2019 to apply for the increased rebate amount of $800.

Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 2.13.03 PM.png

Nice of them to warn people, but would have been even nicer a couple weeks earlier when I applied. :mad: ;) I'm surprised that the rebate is going up rather than down. Have they generated more credits for the Low Carbon Fuel Standard program in the past year?

Yes, their LCFS reserve account is probably getting pretty large. SDG&E actually has a better strategy. They take all the enrollees for a given year and total up their LCFS credits and pay it all out equally to all applicants. They initially estimated $50/year but the first payment was $200/year. I forgot what the second one was, if it has even happened yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Eno Deb
I applied for the PG&E rebate a couple of weeks ago for my new P3D+. I uploaded my digital MVPA and filled out the application. It got rejected due to having no signature. So I replied to the e-mail they sent with a photo of my new CA DMV registration. E-mail rejected. So I called PG&E. Turns out that if you are rejected, you have to re-apply from scratch. So I went back to the PG&E rebate web site and began the process. But up popped a notice that effective 1/1/19 the rebate goes up to $800 from $500. There was a place to check a box to say I understood that if I continued to the app and submit it that I would get $500 and not $800. I decided that I could wait a few months for the extra $300.

Reactions: cwerdna and Oyinko
Ours was in the mail box when we checked today. Submitted 10/18. Email 10/25 indicated it was mailed.

Wow had no idea back when we applied the refund amount went up $300. That's pretty substantial. Wonder if that means our electricity rates will be going up...

Anyone ever get the rebate when their car's registered address is different than where you garage and charge the vehicle?

We lease the car through the business (which is my wife and I). But the business address is a UPS store down the street from the house where the car is garaged.

Anyone ever get the rebate when their car's registered address is different than where you garage and charge the vehicle?

We lease the car through the business (which is my wife and I). But the business address is a UPS store down the street from the house where the car is garaged.
The car registration address and the PG&E bill address have to match. The names don't have to match.

It is stated very clearly in the Eligibility section of this page:
Electric vehicle (EV) rebates