Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$500 PG&E Clean Fuel Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea! Thank you for posting!

Just so I'm not mis-reading this... What's the catch? Seems too good to be true.
PG&E gets LCFS (Low Carbon Fuel Standard) credits for people getting transportation energy from their electric service. They have decided to pass that to consumers. One rebate is available per VIN and there is apparently no limit to the number of rebates that may be claimed per household or PG&E account, provided that the registration matches the PG&E account service address. They make a point to say that customers should decide when to claim their rebate because they are first come first served and the amount may change over time.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo and wraithnot
They make a point to say that customers should decide when to claim their rebate because they are first come first served and the amount may change over time.
Ah, THERE'S the catch. Missed that, thanks!

I've just sent in the renewal for my car's registration, so will file as soon as the tags are returned (they're needed for filing).

EDIT: Decided to appy now... Tags are valid until March, hopefully they understand that they will get renewed and not deny or pro-rate the application for the rest of the year!

Last edited:
PG&E gets LCFS (Low Carbon Fuel Standard) credits for people getting transportation energy from their electric service. They have decided to pass that to consumers. One rebate is available per VIN and there is apparently no limit to the number of rebates that may be claimed per household or PG&E account, provided that the registration matches the PG&E account service address. They make a point to say that customers should decide when to claim their rebate because they are first come first served and the amount may change over time.

Thanks for posting this- I had assumed it was one rebate per PG&E account because otherwise it seemed too good to be true. We are a two EV household (Model S and BMW i3) so this just got even more interesting. I wonder if we'll get another $500 when our Model 3 arrives.

Ah, THERE'S the catch. Missed that, thanks!

I've just sent in the renewal for my car's registration, so will file as soon as the tags are returned (they're needed for filing).

EDIT: Decided to appy now... Tags are valid until March, hopefully they understand that they will get renewed and not deny or pro-rate the application for the rest of the year!
FWIW: I was initially turned down for just my registration. The problem was that the one I had was a plate swap and did not show the total value of the registration. DMV took the original one back.

The PG&E person was very responsible and worked with me to find the correct set of documents (ended up giving them the registration and the one page from the Purchase Agreement that had the total registration cost).

They turned the application around the same day and said my check was in the mail.:)

How long did it take for the approval? I filled out the form a few weeks ago (1/12); no response at all as yet.

There are people who received a check at their home in the same week that they applied. Something is wrong in your case. I would call them.

Actually, I think you should relax. I submitted my application the day before (I think) and I only just received notice that my application was accepted and a check cut. I think there was just a very quick uptick in applications as word got around. Give it another week, it's not like you're going to miss a deadline.