Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6,000 Free Supercharger Miles for Taking Delivery by Dec 31st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this from Tesla....not sure if it was related to me recently asking for my delivery date to be moved from Dec to Jan or whether this has gone to a more general group. At peak rate of 50p kWh that's effectively a £3,000 "discount" if you would have used Superchargers for those miles over 2 years.
Screenshot_20221216_002021_Email.jpg

Yep. I got the email too. I didn’t try to postpone my collection on 22nd Dec, this just showed up as an added extra. It’s being offered worldwide by the looks of it. 🎉

Q4 is always their highest capacity so I wonder what’s driving it… Have they had some Elon and USS removal brouhaha related cancellations to compensate for? Is there a price cut coming and they’re trying to stave off future complaints? Are they just flush with inventory with four factories now ramping and pushing for a mega quarter? All of the above?

Tesla have made a good incentive for people sitting on the fence to make the move and not worry so much about home charging when receiving the car. In reality, most people will never use all the miles as its more convenient to charge at home than hang around superchargering. Consequently, this discount won't cost Tesla very much to implement but will increase sales...

Just received this from Tesla....not sure if it was related to me recently asking for my delivery date to be moved from Dec to Jan or whether this has gone to a more general group. At peak rate of 50p kWh that's effectively a £3,000 "discount" if you would have used Superchargers for those miles over 2 years. View attachment 885513
Makes me feel better about the £4K they’ve taken off inventory cars. But you maybe get both on an inventory car.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I picked up in November - so I wont be eligible for this?

Strange as I am a Q4 customer... Maybe I should give Customer Service a ring...

I've already spent £130 on supercharging as I havent got a charger installed at home yet (Doing that today)

I picked up in November - so I wont be eligible for this?

Strange as I am a Q4 customer... Maybe I should give Customer Service a ring...

I've already spent £130 on supercharging as I havent got a charger installed at home yet (Doing that today)

I wouldn’t bother.

The T&Cs are pretty clear and someone in the MYP thread already tried and got a no.

Details from the email:
Tesla has decided to grant free Supercharger credits, equivalent to approximately 10,000 km of driving, if you take delivery of a Tesla vehicle between December 15 and December 31, 2022. The free Supercharger credits will be credited to your Tesla Account in the month of January 2023 and will remain valid for a period of two calendar years from the delivery date. The free Supercharger credits cannot be transferred to another vehicle or person and cease to be valid in case of an ownership transfer of your vehicle. Tesla shall not be liable in the event that delivery of your vehicle, for whatever reason, cannot happen before December 31, 2022, and you’re not able to benefit from this promotion. Used vehicles are excluded from this promotion.

I got a 1000 back when I bought mine, and then another 1000 when I referred someone 6 months later. So 2000 to use in 18 months. It took real effort to even get close.

Defo a nice bonus, but watch out for the expiry.
Biggest benefit that I saw with referrals was not the extra ‘mileage’ but the extra 6 month on expiry. As you say, for most, the limiting factor is the expiry not the ‘mileage’.

As for quoting ‘mileage’ above, for those that don’t know, it’s not done by ‘mileage’ but a fixed kWh that probably roughly equates to a comfortable drive on a standard Tesla Model 3 in warmer conditions. I can’t remember the exact amount (iirc 400kWh = 1000miles but that doesn’t seem right?) but it’s not going to be 6000 miles of less sedate driving in a less efficient model, across shorter trips in this temperature weather.

Edit due to brain fart and/or fat fingers. 100miles -> 1000miles

Last edited:
I wouldn’t bother.

The T&Cs are pretty clear and someone in the MYP thread already tried and got a no.

Details from the email:
Tesla has decided to grant free Supercharger credits, equivalent to approximately 10,000 km of driving, if you take delivery of a Tesla vehicle between December 15 and December 31, 2022. The free Supercharger credits will be credited to your Tesla Account in the month of January 2023 and will remain valid for a period of two calendar years from the delivery date. The free Supercharger credits cannot be transferred to another vehicle or person and cease to be valid in case of an ownership transfer of your vehicle. Tesla shall not be liable in the event that delivery of your vehicle, for whatever reason, cannot happen before December 31, 2022, and you’re not able to benefit from this promotion. Used vehicles are excluded from this promotion.
Thats pretty crap, considering im in the batch of customers that received their cars this quarter. I find that quite unfair.

These promotions have always been based on MX efficiency. The credit will actually be 400*6 = 2400 kwh which if you average out SuC prices to 50p kwh it's a saving of, roughly, £1200. Comparing it against cheap home tariffs is not relevant as you won't charge at home when on a road trip, with an expiry date of 2 years it's a nice perk. We did 2 EU roadtrips to Spain and Germany on referral miles which didn't cost a penny in juice.

Reactions: Andy B and SR-Plus