Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 days from reservation to delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone actually seen anywhere close to 60 days for delivery from reservation? Tesla is saying that should be more than realistic, but my lease is up in just about 60 days, so I want to make sure I'm not caught with my pants down!

Can't wait!

Last edited:
finalized a std 85, (pano, air susp, tech pkg, leather) on 1/24 and took delivery at home on 3/6!!! No significant warranty issues, but still waiting for parcel shelf/cover, upgraded vanity visors, and pano sunscreen kit. Car is performing incredibly!

My order for a Red Model S with 85 and fully loaded was completed on 1/29/13 with a projected delivery date of April or May. I spoke with a Telsa rep on 4/3 for a update on the delivery. I was told the vehicle was in production but had not been assigned a vin number, they assign the vin number during the later stages of production in case something goes wrong during assembly. I was hoping they would issue the invoice asap and I could remit payment before delivery..cannot do without vin. I live in West Virginia which presently have a state tax credit of $7500 ....which is being considered for elimination ...same as Federal credit. also, my delivery date has not changed, I think the red color has cause a longer wait .

Without going into details, and understanding that it was our 4th TESLA...

I can say that we had a MUCH sorter turn around time than 60 days...

Keep in mind that this is highly dependent on your configuration!

I went from reservation to delivery in about 45 days. I ordered mid February and picked up at the factory on 3/30.

60kWh, Pano, AAS, Twin Chargers, Supercharging, Gray, Gray Leather/Lacewood.

With the backlog of reservations mostly burned off, and nearly all options in production (I believe the new red will still delay your order), it seems like Tesla is able to hit its 60 day turnaround fairly often now. This situation only really started in March as the backlog was burned off.

To the original poster, you may wish to have a backup plan in case the delivery takes 90 days rather than 60. For instance, if something goes horribly wrong during production and they have to start your car over. Or, more likely, if there's a paperwork problem. Also, you're in Texas, where Tesla currently can't sell cars, you have to do most of your own paperwork, and Tesla has to do drop-shipments rather than personal delivery. (I suppose you could take factory delivery or possibly arrange delivery somewhere else.) At this point, I wouldn't expect a longer turnaround time than that (unless you get the red, which might cause a delay).

If your family has two cars, you may be able to manage with one if there's a short delay.

I reserved on 2/28 and took home delivery on 3/26. P85 with all options except parcel shelf. I made a point to reply back to Tesla on any communication on the same day or the first thing next day.

Good to hear, thanks.

Really wish they didn't enforce the 2 week wait after placing your deposit...seems like 2 weeks wasted if you know what you want.