Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60 vs 60D - What will I miss out on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now I have the base 60 with EAP ordered. Today is my last day to make a change to my order and I've been conflicted about it all week. Is there anything I'd be missing out on besides the obvious by not getting the dual motors? It seems to be just the slightly more range, AWD and 0-60 speed.

I was concerned about the whine and the sales guy took me for yet another test drive in complete silence and regenerative braking was far "louder" than any dual motor whine...I think they addressed this issue or maybe I just had a good experience-I checked the "D" box.

• Informative
Reactions: gene
Seems stupid to me to build 2 styles, so I figured at one point the no-self-closing would fade away, but I don't know the status.

I do know I'm going AWD for my next one. PA winters have snow, and I want the improved 0-60 ;)

A friend of mine just got his S60 and loves it, best car he has ever driven.

That being said, the biggest difference between D and non-D not mentioned here is AWD (all wheel drive) on the D, which allows you to drive on the snowy roads without having to stop and put chains on.

If you dont do that very often it may not matter to you. We love winter sports and were lucky enough with early TSLA investments that we could afford the Model X 90D and were real happy for the first time to not have to worry about snow chains when we were all caught by a surprise early snowfall on the pass up the hill and everybody had to stop.

View media item 116279

Last edited: