Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

60kwh range charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FW: 5.6
Miles: 1,300
Standard charge (90%): 177 miles
Range charge (100%): Haven't yet

For some reason, my standard charge is only 177 mi?!? I've only had it for month. When I first took delivery, it was charged at standard with 187 miles. I've always charged standard and over the past couple weeks its been going down; this morning standard charge was complete at 177 miles.

60 kw, 100% charge as of 12,500 miles and 4 month 3 weeks was 208. Almost at 13,500 and 5 months of ownership. Will update then, as I am doing range charges once/week during these cold days now. I have notices, since temps are holding steady at night at about 28 Degrees F, and high 40's during the day, my standard 90% Charge has been about 170, where as 60ish degree days and nights it goes up to about 180.

I have notices, since temps are holding steady at night at about 28 Degrees F, and high 40's during the day, my standard 90% Charge has been about 170, where as 60ish degree days and nights it goes up to about 180.

That is consistent with what i am seeing as well. 103 miles @ 60% now compared to 113 in summer. Looking at my telemetry log I can see the range drop 5 miles as temperature drops in the evening while SOC stays constant.

This morning I performed a Range Charge and only got 201 miles.

Should I be concerned? I have about 4200 miles on the odometer after 4 months of ownership.

No, because the range being reported is an estimate only and you haven't owned the car long enough to make a determination whether you are experiencing pack loss. Switch to ideal miles and do a max charge, then check the numbers. That is a better indication, but still recommend driving the car for 1-2 years before looking at possible pack loss.

My S60 with 11,000 miles (delivered March 2013) still reported 205 miles last week after a max charge. I didn't observe the number immediately after it finished charging so it could have actually been a bit higher at some point. Either way, I'm thrilled that my battery is showing very minimal losses of capacity at this point. Running firmware 4.5