Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6th Annual Sound of Silence Rally - Custer SD - May 17-19

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
7:15 AM, left Seattle (Issaquah) for Custer.

It looks like you might have a bit of a headwind coming thru Montana.

Here's the current wind map from Wind Map.

Screenshot_20190516-094853__01__01-770x395.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: Off Shore
7:15 AM, left Seattle (Issaquah) for Custer.
And I thought I was leaving late when I left yesterday afternoon :)

I might run into you at one of the superchargers in the Bozeman-Gillette stretch. I'm leaving Missoula now but getting off I-90 and taking the scenic route for next few hours. Should be at Bozeman around 8-9pm. I plan on staying in Gillette tonight (hopefully at the Hampton Inn that hosts the supercharger, about to call them), but I probably won't get there till the wee hours. Then driving up to Custer in the early afternoon tomorrow. Happy travels!

I might run into you at one of the superchargers in the Bozeman-Gillette stretch. I'm leaving Missoula now but getting off I-90 and taking the scenic route for next few hours. Should be at Bozeman around 8-9pm. I plan on staying in Gillette tonight (hopefully at the Hampton Inn that hosts the supercharger, about to call them), but I probably won't get there till the wee hours. Then driving up to Custer in the early afternoon tomorrow. Happy travels!
SamO left LA a couple hours ago. He and his son are doing a ~24 hour run. You’re welcome to crash at our house by the Sheridan SC. It’s only half a mile from the charger. Text me if you want to stop. House is empty and door is unlocked.

• Helpful
Reactions: Darren S
Avoid heading West from Shelby, IA on I-80. Highway is shutdown on westbound traffic for a semi truck fully engulfed in flames about 15 miles from Shelby. Traffic backed up for several miles. They were still letting eastbound traffic through at the time.
Well it hasn't been on the national news so I'm guessing it wasn't a Tesla semi :)

SamO left LA a couple hours ago. He and his son are doing a ~24 hour run. You’re welcome to crash at our house by the Sheridan SC. It’s only half a mile from the charger. Text me if you want to stop. House is empty and door is unlocked.
Thanks for the offer! But I'm already booked at the host hotel in Gillette. And honestly with my night owl tendencies and the time change, I should probably be closer to Custer when I wake up in the <ahem> morning if I want to make the festivities on time :)

I am charging at Butte now, planning on spending the night st the Best Western Bozeman. The Bozeman SC has been 0 of 4 available for about 25 minutes, not sure it’s fown or what so planning on charging for Big Timber see ya in Custer.

I am charging at Butte now, planning on spending the night st the Best Western Bozeman. The Bozeman SC has been 0 of 4 available for about 25 minutes, not sure it’s fown or what so planning on charging for Big Timber see ya in Custer.
Unless you already are unplugged and driving 90mph on I-90, it looks like you will just barely miss me in Bozeman. I'm going to unplug in about 40 minutes or so and head east. Will just be doing quick top-offs in Billings and Sheridan. Skipping the weirdo gift shop in Big Timber altogether.

I had a nervous moment when I got a red light using 2A in Bozeman, but 1B is working fine. Not sure what the deal is there. I didn't have any stall occupancy data for Bozeman as I was approaching which made me even more nervous. I only had 8 Rated Miles remaining after my jaunt up to Kaczynski's cabin lol.

Looks like some favorable winds for those of us heading west across South Dakota tomorrow. Looks like 15+ MPH tail wind for the late morning and early afternoon, which will ease the pressure on the Murdo Supercharger.

We’re staying in Oacoma tonight and I’m charging up the car for tomorrow’s trip. Safe travels to those of you driving through the night.

Reactions: Off Shore