Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 Beta Testers - constructive suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm quite familiar with this issue, I work in EMS, we routinely get complaints that someone saw us sitting around doing nothing, or comments that it must be nice to "Earn Money Sleeping". The reality though is that we frequently work long hours in dangerous situations with no breaks, The fact that we actually got a lunch break one day just means that nobody happened to be hurt at that particular time, that's a good thing!

I will never criticize anyone in any job for doing "nothing" when there's nothing that needs doing. Companies that think that employees MUST be busy at all times regardless of if there's work needing to be done or not are horrible places to work. If there's a customer in the store and the staff are ignoring him/her that's a different matter, but that doesn't sound like the case.

3. GPS fold is great. But don't unfold when starting. I turned this feature off because I'm afraid of taking off a mirror when backing out of my narrow garage.

Alright, now I have to go digging. Is there a way to auto-fold the mirrors at certain spots??? EDIT: Duh. Forget this. I see now we're ASKING for GPS fold.

I agree, if I manually fold the mirrors, don't unfold them for me. I back in to my garage and it's tight, so I fold the mirrors as I approach. As soon as I open a door in the morning (Before I even get in) - unfold. I get in. Re-fold. Seems like a lot of extra work for those motors.

Here's a few of my wants in no particular order -

1. Give us some control over the wiper auto-mode sensitivity. (Hoping the rumored "fix" in the latest 7.0 helps.)

2. Pre-heat the seat options from the mobile app.

3. WAZE!!! And/or third party API for the center stack.

4. I feel like I don't monitor my energy usage nearly as much as I did when it was front and center. Need to make that a little more prominent or front and center. Feel like I'm using more energy!

5. More regen! Not sure it's possible, but the more the better. I still feel like I have to use my brake too much, especially if I have people on my bumper - don't want to start slowing down as far as I could for a stop sign, etc. to minimize brake pedal use.

6. Navigation. Nuff said.

7. Web browser. Also nuff said.

I agree, if I manually fold the mirrors, don't unfold them for me. I back in to my garage and it's tight, so I fold the mirrors as I approach. As soon as I open a door in the morning (Before I even get in) - unfold. I get in. Re-fold. Seems like a lot of extra work for those motors.

Yeah. I run into the same thing and because of it, I turned off auto-fold and just manually fold it when needed (maybe 50% of the time). The irony is Tesla thought through when the lock the car when driving (it does NOT happen immediately upon putting it in gear, but at a certain speed/distance of travel), but then deemed the mirrors should unfold immediately. It would be nice to have the open of saying it should wait somewhat either by GPS marker, time, distance, etc.

Why display range in just distance or percent, why not both at least as a selectable option.
The slide on the set charge display should show precisely where the slide is set rather than have to estimate based on the 10% marks.
Dumb cruise should be an option for those situations where TACC is too nervous to use (surface streets). Id suggest changing the 1 to 7 TACC time to 0 to 6 with 0 being simple non-traffic aware cruise control. I think there is zero chance of that being implemented.
Display day, date and time not just time.
Give me a virtual keyboard linked search box for the on-board manual.
Fix the manual so it reflects the current software. We should not have to puzzle stuff out, it should be in the manual, it should be detailed and accurate.
Best regards.