Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1: Navigation can't be muted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe they are just relocated in 7.1 from 7.0, giving back a little more real estate to the real Nav display. I just went out and double-checked.

I keep my Nav muted all the time. When you do, there is an X in upper left corner of the nav route pop-up
IMG_0568.jpg

To change it, just tap the X, and a pop-up appears to un-mute or change the volume.
IMG_0569.jpg

I’m reviving an old thread with a newer issue. I always prefer to have the voice instructions for the Nav turned off. I silence the Nav with either volume down to zero or “mute” but it seems to turn back on the next time I start a new destination. Any thoughts/ideas?

It's a new bug; it sucks. I have the same problem. You might consider reporting it to Tesla. The more complaints the more priority of fixing it.

I’m reviving an old thread with a newer issue. I always prefer to have the voice instructions for the Nav turned off. I silence the Nav with either volume down to zero or “mute” but it seems to turn back on the next time I start a new destination. Any thoughts/ideas?
It's a new bug; it sucks. I have the same problem. You might consider reporting it to Tesla. The more complaints the more priority of fixing it.
I think it's not a bug, I prefer it to come back on, personally. While it's talking, run the volume to zero. It won't come back on that way.

Happens to me when I turn the volume up for a phone call. It seems to mute the phone. After hanging up the phone the navigation is un-muted. I am having the service center look at it.

The voice of the navigation is much too loud for me, even when set to 1. I would prefer about 1/10 of the loudness.

I enjoy a quiet car, but a noisy woman keeps trying to tell me where to go. So I shut her up. #humor alert, just in case you didn't notice#

• Funny
Reactions: DrivingRockies
I think it's not a bug, I prefer it to come back on, personally. While it's talking, run the volume to zero. It won't come back on that way.

I've tried that. It comes back on with a volume of one. It seems logical to me that the developers haven't intentionally deviated from the "remember last setting" behavior but anything's possible I guess. I wonder if all the other sound related bugs that have popped up lately are related?

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
I've tried that. It comes back on with a volume of one. It seems logical to me that the developers haven't intentionally deviated from the "remember last setting" behavior but anything's possible I guess. I wonder if all the other sound related bugs that have popped up lately are related?
Agreed... it keeps defaulting to the Nav voice on and doesn't remember your preference. I also prefer a quiet car and rarely want the voice nav on. I will report the bug to Tesla.

New bug, somewhat annoying.

It doesn't happen when you set a new route (at least to me). It happens when you take a call (at least to me), and adjust the volume mid-call. For whatever reason those 2 consecutive steps pretty much guarantee that when I end the call the nav will be un-muted.