Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 Update, missing features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this is a bit strange, my MX has the 7.1 update, but it does not have any of the features that are supposed come with it. Has this happened to anyone else? Tried a reboot, but no luck.

• My screen shows 7.1
  • My owners manual describes the new middle row seat control from the control screen.
  • But, my screen does not have the "seats' option between 'doors' and 'suspension'
  • All door close feature not available either.

This photo shows what my screen is supposed to look like, but mine does not have the 'seats' tab.
Model-X-Firmware-7-1-2.20.45-seat-controls-touchscreen.jpg

There should be a small "alarm clock" symbol at the top of the screen. Touching it will bring up the SW update app., which will ask when you want to install the update. These updates can only be done when the X is not in use. The app will tell you the estimated time to install. In your app's "Notification" tab, you need to check the box for the app to notify of a pending SW update.

BTW, the last update installed the "SEATS" tab on my X, and I can move the Middle Seats from the touch screen as shown. So you may not be at the current level.

There should be a small "alarm clock" symbol at the top of the screen. Touching it will bring up the SW update app., which will ask when you want to install the update. These updates can only be done when the X is not in use. The app will tell you the estimated time to install. In your app's "Notification" tab, you need to check the box for the app to notify of a pending SW update.

BTW, the last update installed the "SEATS" tab on my X, and I can move the Middle Seats from the touch screen as shown. So you may not be at the current level.

A alarm clock symbol has never appeared on my screen since I received the car in early May and I am at least one update behind. I am not sure why I am not getting the notification to update???

Last edited:
When I first got my car I received a small slew of updates then asked for one (Mario) and have since asked for another but no update has appeared. Why have public updates that are not either distributed to the whole fleet or to a set of beta testers? Are some cars just chosen to be unwitting testers?

I spoke with Tesla service and was told it takes them a few days to push out software updates to everyone otherwise they would max out their servers. He said they push them out in batches based on VIN. When I told him it has been 5 weeks since the last update and I have not received it yet, he put me on hold, asked his supervisor and said sometimes it takes several weeks to push out updates to all owners (he could not explain why). I am not sure why he said several days the first time and several weeks the second time. It seemed like he was not very knowledgable about updates.... sometimes I wonder how much they train these guys?? Or it is just poor communication from Tesla HQ to the service staff.... in any case, the service reps often seem more out of the loop than the owners that post to the forum.

.24.78 add news falcon wing door and rear trunk opening behavior to avoid hitting things above. There's also a geofence option to always open maximally at certain locations. Also, pressing unlock on the keyfob opens the driver's door.

@EV-lutioin -- If the Falcon Wing Door does not open fully, due to a "perceived" obstruction, the driver can press the button on the 17inch monitor to continue to open the door fully (force to over-ride the sensors). Similar to the button in on the "B" pillar. If you use the touch screen to continue to open the door, the X will ask if you want to remember this setting for the GPS coordinates (location). That way the next time you use the FWD in that location, the X will open to the height that you selected and saved.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin
I was a bit disappointed with this as I need the opposite implementation of geofence for my garage. Even with this change, the doors still don't sense my garage door rails and opener motor when the garage door is closed. If I open the doors in this scenario they bang the door opener motor on one side and the rail on the other.

I was hoping there we be a way to tell it to not maximally open the doors in a specific location. That way it would only open to a specific lower height whether or not the garage door is open.

Understand your need @trmmcd . Perhaps the new software which makes the doors more sensitive will stop the door prior to your rails and opener. If so, once the door stops, you can open the max height that you want the doors to open -- thus the X will remember your location in the garage as the max the door will open next time without intervention. This would seem to meet your requirement. I can't test, since my opener and rails are higher than the FWD.

• Informative
Reactions: EV-lutioin