Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7.1 Update, missing features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There should be a small "alarm clock" symbol at the top of the screen. Touching it will bring up the SW update app., which will ask when you want to install the update. These updates can only be done when the X is not in use. The app will tell you the estimated time to install. In your app's "Notification" tab, you need to check the box for the app to notify of a pending SW update.

BTW, the last update installed the "SEATS" tab on my X, and I can move the Middle Seats from the touch screen as shown. So you may not be at the current level.

I do not understand "In your app's Notification tab" I can't find a notification tab?

@bikeandsail I only can speak for the Android app -- if you open the App, there are 3 small lines in the upper left of the app. Press the lines and it opens a dialogue box. One of the dialogues is "Notifications". Opening "Notifications" you can check or uncheck what you want to app to Notify you i.e.: Car Alarm, Summon, Charging and Application. Under "Application" you can check Software Update. So the app will then notify you when there is an update available, and also when the update is completed. I set the SW update to start at 2AM. When I got up this morning my phone notified me the Tesla SW update completed at 2:47 AM.

I can only assume there is a similar access to "settings" in the I-Phone app as well.

@bikeandsail I only can speak for the Android app -- if you open the App, there are 3 small lines in the upper left of the app. Press the lines and it opens a dialogue box. One of the dialogues is "Notifications". Opening "Notifications" you can check or uncheck what you want to app to Notify you i.e.: Car Alarm, Summon, Charging and Application. Under "Application" you can check Software Update. So the app will then notify you when there is an update available, and also when the update is completed. I set the SW update to start at 2AM. When I got up this morning my phone notified me the Tesla SW update completed at 2:47 AM.

I can only assume there is a similar access to "settings" in the I-Phone app as well.

Thanks, I was looking for an "app" on the car!!

I do use an Android phone and that "software update" box is checked.

My car is on version 2.20.60 I have had it about 2 weeks and have seen any update notices on the phone or car. What do the notices look like on the car?

Thanks, I was looking for an "app" on the car!!

I do use an Android phone and that "software update" box is checked.

My car is on version 2.20.60 I have had it about 2 weeks and have seen any update notices on the phone or car. What do the notices look like on the car?

On the top of the 17" screen, a small "alarm clock" will appear in red (next to the Tesla "T". If you touch it, If will open the installation app and you can select a time, or start the SW update installation immediately. It will give you an estimate of the install time, and advise the X can not be driven during the update. It takes a few weeks for Tesla to Push updates across to users, so some will get is sooner than others.

On the top of the 17" screen, a small "alarm clock" will appear in red (next to the Tesla "T". If you touch it, If will open the installation app and you can select a time, or start the SW update installation immediately. It will give you an estimate of the install time, and advise the X can not be driven during the update. It takes a few weeks for Tesla to Push updates across to users, so some will get is sooner than others.

It really is impossible to miss when you have a firmware update because when you start the car, it will pop up on the screen and ask if you want to "install now" or schedule a time.

I would recommend having the car be on your wifi. I haven't ever received a notice when the car is on the LTE service

This is strange.... Tesla has pushed out another update to 7.1, but I haven't received any notifications. It has been two months since I got my MX and no updates have come through (I think I am behind two updates now). Does anyone know any way to resolve this besides driving two hours to my nearest service center for a direct update?