Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will not worry about HEPA a lot since it is easy to replace by ourselves. It is more about headlight, trim on door. those are hard and expensive to add later.

I do not worry about rim and color neither. It costs about 2000$ to get whatever color you like (baby blue, pink, purple, rainbow, etc). I will get Rays Racing Rim which will cost about 2.5k, which is nicer and lighter

Similar changes to Model 3 took about a month to work their way to the US from China, so I could see these things starting to show up in mid-Feb builds.

I'm assuming they're working through remaining stock of those parts and will switch over shortly. It's just a guess, but I'm assuming that cars coming off the line in mid-Feb will get those changes so March deliveries should have them. Again, just my personal guesses based on what I've observed with the 3 and other factors.

That said, there are good arguments for and against them keeping the HEPA Y exclusive to China.

FOR
Air quality is far worse in China and consumers are for more conscious about it.
The cars cost less to build in Shanghai so there's a good amount of room in the margin to implement something that's fairly costly like HEPA.

AGAINST
Doesn't make sense to have so many China-specific parts when "the best part is no part."
The tooling, testing, parts, etc have already been developed so why not take advantage of economies of scale.
Wildfires have been particularly bad in California (and Oregon and Washington) over the last few years so Tesla is far more aware of the issue of air quality than ever before.
Presumably, S and X will be getting big upgrades, as soon as tomorrow, so there's far more to differentiate them from 3 and Y.
than 20" induction.

I will not worry about HEPA a lot since it is easy to replace by ourselves. It is more about headlight, trim on door. those are hard and expensive to add later.

I do not worry about rim and color neither. It costs about 2000$ to get whatever color you like (baby blue, pink, purple, rainbow, etc). I will get Rays Racing Rim which will cost about 2.5k, which is nicer and lighter

than 20" induction.

The HEPA update seen in Chinese Model Ys is extensive, at least relative to just replacing the existing cabin air filters with HEPA/activated charcoal versions.

First look at Tesla Model Y’s HEPA filter for Bioweapon Defense Mode

Ordered model y 7 seater on Jan 10 and my SA called me today she said will get vin next week and delivery 2nd week of feb

I'm hoping this is valid info and not just a SA trying to pacify an annoying customer, (Not calling you annoying) I ordered the MY on 1/14 and my estimated delivery is 1/27-2/24. My date has not changed yet now that it is the 27th but if it does hopefully the latest delivery date doest get pushed back. I'm anxious because I know all of the bad stories that have people waiting months past their original delivery date.

My estimated delivery date is sometime between now and 2/12, which I think is the earliest I've seen on here, if only by a day or two. I'll keep you all posted if I get any updates.

Yesterday's outage made me think I may have refreshed my account page one too many times!

I'm hoping this is valid info and not just a SA trying to pacify an annoying customer, (Not calling you annoying) I ordered the MY on 1/14 and my estimated delivery is 1/27-2/24. My date has not changed yet now that it is the 27th but if it does hopefully the latest delivery date doest get pushed back. I'm anxious because I know all of the bad stories that have people waiting months past their original delivery date.
As I said I will be happier with delivery after March.
Annoying people think other people are annoying.
After I place my order online I never sent message to my SA and she always trying to keep me updated .
I have 3 kids and I try my best to teach them how to talk to people like a human.
All the best

Maybe I’m lazy or inattentive, but I have never seen an ETA date. I placed my order on 3/18/2019. In the scheme of things, though, if they need an extra couple weeks or even months to get their act together on painting my car and putting it together correctly, I’m down with that. In software it’s said “good, cheap, or fast, pick any two”. Since cheap is out of the question, I’ll index on “good”. :)

I picked up my current BMW in Munich on my birthday 17 years ago; I like my stuff to be good and last.

I don't really understand the whole HEPA obsession. I mean, I'd love to have the newest features, but a filter isn't going to make me sit around and wait.

Air quality on roads and in traffic is pretty bad. But the wildfire smoke on the west coast the last few years has made the feature even more valuable. The 3/Ys cabin filters are pretty good, but the one thing I do miss from my S is the HEPA. Nothing gets through it (smells included), it’s pretty amazing.