Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-seat config waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thought is there are only going to be more superchargers and other charging stations, so range will become less about literally not making it, and more about just having more frequent stops. Elon’s comments surprise me as 1.) I assume he ultimately signed off on the SR release a few weeks ago, and 2.) Tesla continues to sell used models with well under 250 miles range (MX 75D is 237 miles and several years old). I think 244 miles is enough for many situations.

Also as someone else told me, having this version of SR Y might make it worth a little more as it comes with the premium interior and not a reduced interior. I bet the SR Y will come back later with less amenities.

Agreed on the points - premium interior options and more super chargers.

Reactions: flyingcasual
Hi NCC. Thanks for sharing. What is the build date of your car to have new headlights. Others have been asking. Yours might be the first reported non MYP with new headlights.

Humm... I think the delivery person didn't know what they were talking about. When I asked when I took delivery if it has them he said it did. But comparing w/ the pictures on the internet I don't think I actually have the new headlights. It doesn't have that round projector lamp on the side of the headlamp.

Definitely have the new center console though.

Which is no longer true perhaps since around Feb 13 (7 days before DD Delivery Date 2/20), NCC81701 7 Seater LRY.
Wrote:
"I didn't know I had the new console and headlights until the car showed up on my driveway.
Reserved 3/14/19: Model Y | LR AWD | White Exterior | Gemini Wheels | No Tow | White Interior | 7-Seater | FSD | Southern California | VIN 131xx | DD: 2/20/21"
Check out their more recent post (1005) - they say their SA was incorrect, and they weren't actually the new headlights.

• Helpful
Reactions: Wicked2o
Hi,
I've just received text from 510 Freemont saying my delivery is soon. Does anyone know how many days after receiving this text was your delivery? Thanks

Tesla Update - We are planning to deliver your Model Y soon! It looks like you only have one pre-delivery task to complete: Payment Method. Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount and submit all outstanding tasks as soon as possible to avoid any delays. As a reminder, deliveries are prioritized on a first come, first served basis for customers who have submitted these tasks. This is an automated reminder. For any questions, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday or reply to this text.

Hi,
I've just received text from 510 Freemont saying my delivery is soon. Does anyone know how many days after receiving this text was your delivery? Thanks

Tesla Update - We are planning to deliver your Model Y soon! It looks like you only have one pre-delivery task to complete: Payment Method. Please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount and submit all outstanding tasks as soon as possible to avoid any delays. As a reminder, deliveries are prioritized on a first come, first served basis for customers who have submitted these tasks. This is an automated reminder. For any questions, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday or reply to this text.

This is just a standard message you get if you haven't completed your profile. And supposedly until you do, you hold up a vin being assigned (not sure if indefinitely or what type of delay it causes).

In other words, this text is really saying we aren't going to deliver your vehicle anytime soon because you haven't done what we want you do do first before we put you in line.

• Love
Reactions: ellistev
This is just a standard message you get if you haven't completed your profile. And supposedly until you do, you hold up a vin being assigned (not sure if indefinitely or what type of delay it causes).

In other words, this text is really saying we aren't going to deliver your vehicle anytime soon because you haven't done what we want you do do first before we put you in line.

Not accurate in my case. I received a VIN and scheduled delivery date of March 5th without completing my Payment and also without uploading my insurance. I plan on taking a Bank Check once I inspect my car during delivery. I am now insuring my car and uploaded insurance card.

I was on a Tesla Owners Club of British Columbia "intro to your car" Zoom call yesterday that had a couple representatives from Tesla, and they claimed that they just delivered a 7 seat Y yesterday.

But then this morning, my SA claimed after I asked if there were any production dates or gate dates for my MY LRAWD 7 seat (order jan 7 2021) : "There is no current ETA as we are waiting on shipments. The cancelling off the provincial rebates caused a stir and backlog of things, which had an effect on everything."

This thread is too quiet : (

Update on my car. Approaching the Mar 1st VIN estimation my SA provided me. Have not spoken to my SA since, still refresh my order page 100x a day. Perhaps she will only answer calls/emails if she has new information. Very curious when I'll be asked for payment.

White / White / AWD / 20" / FSD / Hitch / Austin, TX
Reserved: 4/2019

my sales advisor just called me and said that I should get my vin March 1st and take delivery march 7th. "If things continue to go well at the factory It may happen sooner"

I am satisfied with that update for now :)

Reactions: duran505 and Ntu1

Update on my car. Approaching the Mar 1st VIN estimation my SA provided me. Have not spoken to my SA since, still refresh my order page 100x a day. Perhaps she will only answer calls/emails if she has new information. Very curious when I'll be asked for payment.

I've been told a million dates. The most recent date is "by the end of March." I've been waiting since 4/2019 as well and now I'm over the excitement. I'll get excited again in a couple weeks and I really hope this wait will reward me with the new headlights!!

Been lurking since ordering 1-8-21 and checking my Tesla page every day since then (ok probably more than once a day). Haven't had any data points to share until now.

MY7,LR AWD, White, black int., tow, Gemini - SF Bay Area

This morning a vin dropped and got a call around noon to schedule delivery tomorrow morning into my driveway.

VIN 112XXX, Build date 2-21
Has new console and heated steering wheel. New lights are performance only according to SA. No word on HEPA.

Has anyone actually opened up the air intake cover under the hood to see if they do or don't have the HEPA? I will do this when I get it and report back. Will also input the data to the spreadsheet tonight.

(Posted in the CA thread the first time, but more appropriate for this thread)

Thanks to a Chevy Bolt buyback I'm a bit later to this conversation than most. Here's my experience thus far ...

• Reserved on 1/23/2021 (Black/Black and White/AWD/LR/20"/Hitch/Lone Tree, Colorado)
  • Target delivery date was March 6th -or- 2-6 weeks from date of purchase
  • Like everyone else, my estimated delivery date vanished last week
  • Received a text from my SA on 2/20 (I had not previously reached out, they reached out proactively) stating that I'm slated for a delivery in the first half of March and he wanted to know if I had any questions. When pressed on the delivery timeline he reassured me that it would be in that timeframe (first half of March) give or take a week. When asked why the delivery date disappeared he offered up some unconfirmed opinion that Tesla was making a feature update to the website or some such thing. In other words, he has no idea.
  • Currently (and eagerly) awaiting a VIN
I suspect, like everyone else here, I'm hitting refresh on my order page more often than I need to. Also, I'm taking at face value, the fact that deliveries are still slated for March. Outside of a bunch of conjecture and theories, I have no reason to believe that Tesla is grooming owners for a massive delay. I also have no idea what to make of the 5,000 possible theories as to how/when/why Tesla delivers certain colors, configurations, or to certain locations. I bet that, at any given point, there's a really reasonable explanation as to why someone with a Blue MY in Cheyanne, Wyoming will receive their order before 15 other people in Denver. I also believe those variables change daily based on builds, paint, configurations, locations. All that is to say that I don't tend to spend much time trying to understand that algorithm because I bet the variables are changing daily. That said, I do get the vapors every time I see someone report that they received a VIN. That's encouraging.

After I turn in my Chevy Bolt I have the luxury of another car sitting in our garage. That works until spring sports are in full swing with our two kiddos ... which quickly approaching. While I'd love to take possession today, I'd also like to have all recent upgrades and tax credit - although I'm not optimistic about legislation passing by the time I take possession. In the meantime, I'll settle for the new headlights.

Been lurking since ordering 1-8-21 and checking my Tesla page every day since then (ok probably more than once a day). Haven't had any data points to share until now.

This morning a vin dropped and got a call around noon to schedule delivery tomorrow morning into my driveway.

Has new console and heated steering wheel. New lights are performance only according to SA. No word on HEPA.

Has anyone actually opened up the air intake cover under the hood to see if they do or don't have the HEPA? I will do this when I get it and report back. Will also input the data to the spreadsheet tonight.

That's great news! My VIN is also 112XXX, and I was worried it may have been too low to score the heated wheel or new console. Taking delivery on Tuesday!

White / Black / AWD / 19" / No FSD / Hitch / Rochester, NY

Congrats on the VIN and quick pick-up time! Keeping my hope alive ...

Reactions: Jemblue7my
That's great news! My VIN is also 112XXX, and I was worried it may have been too low to score the heated wheel or new console. Taking delivery on Tuesday!

White / Black / AWD / 19" / No FSD / Hitch / Rochester, NY
Yeah I was worried about the low VIN as well but after I confirmed the recent born on date and the "refresh" I was pumped.

As has been stated here, the VIN doesn't seem to be tied to the production date. My neighbor across the street took delivery on 2-4-21 of a MY5 AWD LR with a VIN of 119xxx.